A Kitchen Garden guaranteed to make you smile

The following is an introduction to Christie Colla and her fantastic kitchen gardens. I first published this in a garden magazine I authored. I have ‘page grabbed’ the story because I thought you may enjoy knowing more about her. You can also click HERE to see her pumpkin arrangements.

Fantastic Kitchen Garden by Christel Colla
Fantastic Kitchen Garden by Christel Colla

Christel Colla's magical gardens
Christel Colla’s magical gardens
Christel Colla's gardens are both whimsical and practical.
Christel Colla’s gardens are both whimsical and practical.

Christel Colla's takes small space gardening to another level
Christel Colla’s takes small space gardening to another level
Christel Colla's knowledge of plants is outstanding. Her use of color and material is well advanced and certainly appealing to the eye.
Christel Colla’s knowledge of plants is outstanding. Her use of color and material is well advanced and certainly appealing to the eye.
Isn't Christel Colla amazing. Her talents in the garden and the kitchen amaze me.
Isn’t Christel Colla amazing. Her talents in the garden and the kitchen amaze me.
Christel Colla is perhaps the most gifted gardener I've ever interviewed.
Christel Colla is perhaps the most gifted gardener I’ve ever interviewed.
I've very much enjoyed writing these two articles about Christel Colla. Thank you for visiting my blog at flowergardengirl.com
I’ve very much enjoyed writing these two articles about Christel Colla. Thank you for visiting my blog at flowergardengirl.com

See Christel make a pumpkin arrangement Here.

1. Reblogged this on Flowergardengirl™ and commented:

One of the prettiest and most productive kitchen gardens I’ve ever written about.

2. Marialuisa says:

This garden is truly an inspiration to start my own vegetable garden again, thank you so much for sharing and look forward to the next issues.
    Happy gardening!

3. TerraLea says:

When I first saw your pics of Kitchen Garden, I just knew! Charming, relaxing, and managable.
    It is so my gotta have garden. I’m so glad I found you. You manage to put my imagination together so that I can see what I want in so many ways. Thank you . T

4. Dear Anna, Wow! I can’t wait to read more about this garden in your magazine – I’m glad I recently subscribed. Love your blog. P x

5. Wow, these themes look amazing! Can’t wait for the chicken issue (so glad it’s my birthday month, too)!

6. Debbie says:

Anna, What an amazing garden. I love the photo from above where you can really appreciate the design. It’s great to see how such simple inputs – some wood, gravel and soil can result in a such pleasing garden.

7. I came back to look at this one again today. I love it. I am going to put a fence around my garden this Spring, and have decided to add an entrance and a canopy and some places to sit and hang things, based solely on this wonderful little place. Thank you, FGG!

1. Karen, that thrills me to pieces. It is so inspiring and you’ll love the March issue of BGB as it is chock full of these ideas. Benches are a must–so we can ponder the beauty and my back gets tired bending over for such long times. I want to do the canopy too cause that just makes me smile. Love ya lots!

8. Diana says:

Anna, I hope you are enjoying your day off. 😉

What an absolutely wonderful garden: lots of thought and preparation went into it and she should be proud. Love it.

1. Diana, I had such a good time. My friend is good for me—she doesn’t blog or garden so it makes me think about other things. I love blogging and would be caught doing it 24/7.

I saw her pictures and wanted hit like, but there wasn’t a like for me to hit. I love the design of her raised beds and showed them to my husband. You are right, so many beautiful gardens out there that never get featured, glad we’ll be getting to see some of them.
    Love all the upcoming ideas. If you ever do one on garden ponds I’d love that too 🙂

1. Garden Ponds is just an awesome idea. I will add it for certain. When would be your best month? I am tickled to be doing this magazine project and it seems everyone else is too. Yea!

The pond is usually looking great in July, hopefully there would be water lilies blooming then too.

1. Ok–I will go add it to the August issue so you can get the photos in by the end of July. Yea–this will be awesome and I’ll let you have a lot of photos.

10. Carolyn♥ says:

Such a lovely garden and bravo to you for spotlighting it. Looking forward to your magazines! Still wondering where you get so much energy.

1. Carolyn, I’m tired today and taking a break to be with my best friend. She doesn’t garden isn’t that funny? But she is a huge support and keeps me from working myself to death.

This is such a pretty garden. It has a lot of form and charm.

11. Donna says:

Anna this is one of the most unique country/cottage style veg gardens I have ever seen…can’t wait to see it in the magazine…the amount of work she put into it is amazing but easier to maintain for sure..wow

1. Donna, that’s what I noticed right off–so much work. And to think it’s never been featured in a magazine. Tons of precious gardens have not been featured. Makes me sad but I’m gonna fix that. I’m glad you are excited and included.