I like this landscaping a lot!

on

I like this landscaping a lot. It comes with a front border of stones and a nice mix of annuals and perennials. The chosen shrubs add lots of texture, zip, bang, explosion.

Tall and short plants make merriment and weeds are camouflaged in the process. Lots of things like the cleome, and vinca will reseed. In fact that only thing replanted here was the annual blue salvia and ‘Summer Solstice’ narrow leaf zinnia.

Oh wait—this is my landscaping and I worked darn hard for it. You’ll soon find me out in the garden readying the soil for the new season. This sure was a pretty year.

I like the pine straw mulch with my red beams on the front porch.

The birds are happy.

Yep, I like this landscaping a lot. Do you?

1. Scott says:

Very lovely…a great mix of plant forms, colors and sizes…a winner indeed!

1. Thank you Scott–it’s my passion as you can see. I’ve been gardening for over 45 years.

2. Amy says:

It’s gorgeous! Now, what kind of tree is in the front of that bed? A birch? Do you have trouble with aphids?

1. Amy–that is a Heritage river birch. The only one approved for being this close to the house. Thank you for coming by. I don’t have problems with aphids on that tree–some times the bag worms get in if I don’t spray dormant oils in the early winter. Dormant oils suffocate the larva. For aphid control in the garden I use insecticidal soap.

3. Gela says:

Lovely photos of a beautiful garden. Have a nice day/Gela

1. Thank you Gela. Gardening brings me a lot of joy.

4. joey says:

Hello … yes, Anna, I love it! I shook my head at first, thinking/knowing it looked much like your house! All looks grand … you have a great eye!

1. I bet I fooled you Joey 😉 but not for long. You know me too well.

5. becca says:

I see the “Copper Top”..! Love the garden too….how talented….such hard work and much,much love and care shows in every photo 🙂

1. Becca–I do love gardening and I’m glad you noticed Copper Top—and even better that you know how fond I am of that little shed.

6. Mary says:

Anna, I love that last picture you show here where you can see Copper Top Cottage. The heights, textures and colors of your plants are simply gorgeous. Your home and landscaping are so rich in charm.

1. Thank you Mary. I do work hard at it and delight a great deal in your enjoying my efforts.

7. Carolyn♥ says:

Ahhh, your post is a sweet reminder of Spring.

1. Carolyn—I yearn for spring once I’ve had a good break during the winter. This garden takes a lot of work as you well know. A labor of love.

8. Beautiful flower garden and even more beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

1. Thank you Allan I have even bigger plans for this season.

9. Teresa says:

I love it Anna. that’s how I like gardens….organized chaos as if mother nature herself planned it. It is not always easy to pull off but you certainly did. Just beautiful.

1. Teresa–it does take a lot of thinning out to make that organized chaos. Tickled you noticed.