Red door and sidewalk flower border add charm

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

When framed correctly like the photo above, a red door can become a formal focal point. Add to that this flower hedge border on the sidewalk and you’ve got a winning entry combination. The two topiary planters are just icing on the cake don’t you think?

It just gets better with the black wrought iron window boxes, shutters, and stained glass accents around the red door. An American flag adds that cozy neighborhood feeling which is becoming lost these days. Sad that folks don’t realize how much our great flag can add to the landscaping. Would this be as charming without it?

Ferns, a touch of red, and the inner courtyard with the meandering walkway are most certainly setting off the ornate pattern in the fence.

Peering beyond the fence we see a hedge and subtle presence of the red impatiens.  All drawing your eye to the fountain beyond.

And of course on the other side, the walkway continues revealing a gate adorned with this pretty design.

Tread softly and quietly on the brick path. Doesn’t it make you want to open the gate and see what is waiting on the other side? I did.

1. christy says:

what color and what brand is the paint for the red door?

1. I don’t know Christy because this is not my home. I only took the photo.

2. Reblogged this on Flowergardengirl™ and commented:

More beautiful front porches, entryways, and exterior home makeovers can be found by searching the drop down menu on my sidebar. Especially beautiful is the topic..Wilmington. You’ll see loads of old homes with lots of charm.

3. Kim K Smith says:

I’m a little late but you see i’m obsessed with red doors and absolutely love this one..WOW…..everything just works well!!

4. Diane says:

Do I know where this is? 😉 Pretty!!

5. Pat Bennett says:

Such a beautiful home, and the Red Door is just the right touch.

6. I like how your photographs told a story. And of course, you know, I love the wonderful porch, red front door and all the gems in between. Nice, Anna.

7. Joey says:

You have a keen eye. Great take and shoot, Anna. I love red doors (have a Cranberry one myself).

8. Bren says:

I love the red door …. and the red brick walk way to the side gate really makes the house a home!