Catmint in bloom and cats are crazy

I planted one Catmint plant and it loves this spot. It’s hot and dry but only gets morning sun. I guess it’s the perfect spot for these pretty blue blooms. The storm that came through yesterday knocked over the verbascum ‘Miss Jackie’. It will bloom some more. The very tall bush to your left is ‘Blue Muffin’ viburnum by Proven Winners. It will be covered in blooms very soon.

I’m pretty sure the cats love me. They come bearing gifts of mice and such to show their gratitude.

I have these beds packed full of annuals, perennials, and vegetables–lots of tomato plants in here.

And my view from Copper Top Cottage…where you can see I’ve been planting flats of vegetables and flowers–see the Jiffy trays that are discarded?

Copper Top Cottage is a very busy little shed.

And the catmint…….

peeks around the corner at Copper Top Cottage. This is where the kitty kats play but I’m blaming the fall of the verbascum on the recent storm cause the kitties who play here—chase away the chimpunks and squirrels. You can’t have it all.

1. Deborah says:

Your catmint looks so pretty. I have some growing among my catnip, which I grow to entertain the cats.

I love your shed, BTW. I’ll have to show that to my poor already over-burdened husband.

2. Racquel says:

I’m afraid if I planted this all the cats in the neighborhood including mine would trample my garden. 🙂

3. keewee says:

What a lovely garden you have. It looks so peaceful.

4. tiny houses says:

I love the photos! They are so nice and very beautiful!

5. I’ve had to stop planting it as my cat rolls it flat. Pity as the blooms are rather good as your pictures show. Love the view fromyour window.

1. I love that view too. Thank you. Our neighbor cat loves that catmint–I don’t know why she rolled in the verbascum. Crazy cat.

6. Jess says:

I planted some a few weeks back and I’m hoping they soon look exactly like yours. It is planted among the knockout roses.

1. Jess…nice to have you stop by…yes..it will grow fast in the right spot. I have trimmed this to the ground twice….and it’s only a yr old. I just love it.

7. Andre says:

I’m beginning to love this flower. I love it’s blue blossoms.
    Thanks for the post. If you have time, visit this site: http://www.bloomforlife.com , This is flower site.

1. I don’t usually post comments with links–but you do have a lovely site–and thanks for visiting my blog. I love catmint too.