He Winked and said, It’s March! But I knew he had better ideas..

I have situated my work desk so it looks out at the bird feeder in my front garden. At first, the birds were a bit startled and confused. But there is this one cardinal who has friended me. I talk to him and he plays back. He waits for me to set up my camera. He sits in the same spot on the same branch of my birch tree.

And he watches me back. He’s very intelligent. You see that look above—he was looking right in to the camera lens…a bit unnerving when you are zoomed in at 15x. You knew–that he knew and he wasn’t looking away. Had I been a female cardinal…..this would have given me weak knees.

And it is if….he is courting me…..cause then I got this look—right at the camera again. Kinda like…are you interested?

And he puffed up real big thrusting his chest forward…..

He shot his plume up and narrowed his eyes—so I……got flushed and….

hid behind a skinny tree limb. When all of a sudden it dawned on me why he found me so irrestible…

Looks like he was getting ready to make his moves on me………

When he swooped closer to where I was sitting and landed on the feeder. He shot back a glance

to make sure he wasn’t being followed by……..

This unkept huzzy who never saw a brush or comb in her life. She’s not been to the dentist and looks like she needs prozac.

To wich the Tufted Titmouse said–she’s driven him mad—-he’d rather home up here with you than hook up with that woman.

1. Jodi Squires says:

Love it, Anna. It is so you.

2. Wow your photos are amazing. I have just started taking some bird pics to include in my garden photo album on facebook. I also am having a “love affair” with my Cardinals! They are so sweet and their songs so nice. I would love to include a link from my blog to yours. May I? Thank you! Robert.

1. I would be honored Robert, thank you for adding me to your blogroll. I enjoyed reading your bio and think your garden club is very thoughtful.

3. Stevie says:

Adorable! You have suchk striking birds at your feeder. For hairdos like that I have to settle for the ducks – the merganser has a great mohawk!

4. Haha, I have one of these doing almost exactly the same thing in my garden! tenacious little fellows!

That’s it. I’m contacting SoapNet right now. We could get the sunflower seed company to sponsor….

6. That’s one handsome red devil, but the titmouse is too cute!

7. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Hope you have a fabulous week!
    -Lisa

8. Kathleen says:

too cute Anna. Great photos too ~ looks like it paid off to move your desk!

9. Anna, This is charming!

What a cute post and such great pictures!

11. Oh, I love that you speak Bird. You can tell us what they are ALL thinking. And you’re right, that cardinal is quite the hunk!

12. Daricia says:

beautiful photos of gorgeous birds! and what a cute story to go along with…i love that line, “Had I been a female cardinal…..this would have given me weak knees.” lol

13. Teryl Snider Perry says:

Thank you so much for raisinf my spirit this morning my dearest BESTEST friend from the past!!!!!!

Gorgeous photographs.