Feel the rhythm of the butterfly wings, Monarch on Fur Balls

on

While composing the music for this piece, I tried to give you the viewer and listener— a feel for just who these dainty little characters really are. They are Mexican of course. They migrate from Mexico to Canada and we here in NC are right in their path. Lucky for me I grew Monkey Balls this year and they just love it. You can search my sidebar for Fur Balls and you’ll get all kinds of good info.

Do you feel the butterfly wings beating? Do you feel the grace and Mexican flavor in this arrangement I put together for you? I took the photos in August or September and they laid eggs which hatched and the caterpillars munched nicely then flew beautifully on their way as Monarchs. I was very proud of the whole process.

Created on a MacBook Pro using IMovie, Garage Band, Iphoto, Itunes and then uploaded to Youtube

1. Stevie says:

You should be proud! How lovely!

2. Hi Anna,
    Are you still at this site? I don’t want to lose touch with all the blog crashing that’s going on.
    Love and hugs, Karen

3. Anna, I wish you and your family a very happy christmas and may next year brings much blessings to you all.
    Muchos cariños
    Maria Cecilia

4. The Write Gardener says:

We had “The Butterfly Guy” (Rick Mikula) in last winter for our Master Gardener winter seminar. If you’re interested, read about it here: http://mercer.extension.psu.edu/Horticulture/2009_Come_Grow_With_Us.pdf

5. Randy says:

Anna,
    This is real cute and the music fit in well! Made my day for sure. I tagged Monarchs for 3 months on the Eastern Shore Of Virginia. One day I found about 1500 Monarchs on the limbs of wild cherries and I photographed them as they opened up their wings when the sun came up. Talk about a way to start your day!

I totally agree with Jodi! You are awesome. Love, love, love the monarchs and feel so honored when they visit! gail

7. Girl, is there anything you CAN’T do??? Music videos? Amazing projects? Gardens to die for? You’re awesome, have I mentioned that lately?
    We didn’t have many monarchs here this summer; I think the foggy July deterred them from finding us or from laying eggs on our milkweeds ,because others in the not-so-foggy areas reported plenty. They’re just so beautiful, and watching them emerge from their chrysalises is totally amazing.

I didn’t have many in my garden this year 😦
    These are gorgeous photos- I really like the ones that hang upside down.

9. Truly beautiful images, Anna!

10. nancybond says:

Excellent job, Anna — what fun! 🙂 Beautiful shots of the flutterbys, too. (BTW, in case you hadn’t already looked it up, here’s a Wiki link to info on the Halifax explosion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_explosion)

11. Rose says:

So beautiful! We didn’t have as many monarchs as usual this past autumn; I’m hoping they will be back next year.

Can you believe that I have a Monarch Chrysalis in the garden right now?