This is just real ya’ll so listen up—She’s 51? I get that a lot and it’s nice to hear it ask as a question. I know some of how you look is in how you act but a lot is in the daily care of your skin. I got the best advice of my life 30 years ago from a very harsh and abrasive dermatologist. I could hug his neck today but at the time I wanted to hand him over to my three big brothers.
He had me under one of those examining lights and was criticizing all 20 years of my life in the sun. I was told to wear sunscreen and then given the list I’ve included below for you. It was the way he delivered the message that I didn’t like. He acted like I was out to destroy my skin on purpose. So I suppose at 20, I was. Wish I could remember who he was. Funny that I took him seriously huh?
Thank you for all the nice kudos about my family in the previous post. They read my blog and very much appreciate your kind words. Now to the good stuff you tuned in to hear.
It’s easy. Learn these habits:
1. Never EVER—sleep on anything but your back. Period. That’s right, for 30 years, I’ve been sleeping on my back so that I would not create crease marks on my cheeks or nose.
2. Never go to bed with make-up on. Use a buff pad to gently wash your face with Dr. Bronners soap both AM and PM and immediately follow with witch hazel to close the pores. Do it religiously. I probably have only missed a hand full of days in all these years.
3. As for the make-up, I use a liner on the outer edges and bottom of my eyes. It’s a bit worn off in the picture above and usually is more sharp but you get the idea. I wear a mineral make-up base close to my skin tone. But in the pic above, I wasn’t wearing any base and was actually wearing Mac mineral eye shadow in a rose shade on my cheeks. Yes, you can use a powder eye shadow on your cheeks and it’s less expensive than buying a whole compact of the cheek product. I don’t have any eye shadow on and don’t normally wear any.
4. Find a lipstick of lip gloss you like. I don’t have a favorite. I try to make it favor whatever I’m wearing.
5. I always wear perfume. Always! I wear Jessica McClintock most days. If Mr. D is taking me out, I wear Very Sexy by Victoria Secret.
6. My favorite body lotion is Jergens original.
Hair: It’s time to color it again. My natural shade is dark brown and you can see how much grey is coming in. I really like Clairol Perfect 10 nice ‘n easy in the color 6 light brown chocolate shake —of course. I color every 6 to 10 weeks.
I do want to give the Benefit Cosmetics Line a try. Looks so darn cute. May have to try that Benetint 😉 Jean and Jane have an adorable story and the makeup personality sure fits mine doesn’t it ya’ll.
Allright, it’s time for a peak at what’s happening inside Copper Top Cottage—-come on….oh, I am not 5 months pregnant and do not know why I look like that. Maybe it’s those dang cookies this week.