Growing in front of the Prairie Conflowers

on

Muhly grass and Prairie coneflowers

In case you didn’t notice, I like flowers. I especially like flowers when they sing in harmony with what is growing around them. Here you see Muhly grass and Prairie coneflowers together.

Muhly grass and Prairie coneflower

Way back in the forgotten days, I used to be frustrated with my little Kodak Instamatic. I just knew there could be more detail and magical shots. I fell in love with photography when I was 16. There was a purple thistle growing in the meadow beside my house. I took a picture of it with that simple camera and then got the film developed at the local drugstore.

Muhly grass and coneflowers

The photo turned out pretty good but I was disappointed in the lack of detail. And today, I still have a Kodak but it’s more advanced and takes clear photos but you know…..you can always do better. If I could afford it…..I would go back to school and be a photographer because of moments when you find Muhly grass growing in front of coneflowers.

This set of pictures is part of a card series called…..Hidden Potential

1. RobinL says:

Ahhh, you southern gardeners must torture me with pictures of pink muhly grass. It’s not hardy to my zone! I’ll have to enjoy it vicariously through you!

2. Jenna says:

Wonderful shots! The outdoors is what brought out the photographer in me as well. I have really enjoyed your blog. Take care!

3. Sue says:

Great photo! I see you changed your blog design again! I thought you weren’t going to do it as often. Well, it is very fall, festive! I love it!

Very detailed photos. Like the name of the series too.

5. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, your new look is great! Perfect for fall, well done! The muhly and coneflower combo is wonderful. When the muhly is blooming here in my garden though, the coneflowers are long gone. But, there are other flowers, like the lantanas that can play nicely with the grasses. 🙂
    Frances

6. Hi Anna

I like your header pic.

The Muhly and Echinacea work well together

7. Urban Green says:

Wow! You’ve photographed every detail. Great, looks lovely. Keep posting, they are a delight.

8. I agree…I would do the same. Photography is so inspirational and soul-elevating. Looking at beauty is a real balm for the heart. Capturing it in a picture preserves is such a reminder of the goodness in the world.

9. Nell Jean says:

I commented on the wrong thread, oops! Love the combo, just the same.

10. Noelle says:

I like this photo a lot. What a beautiful view through the Muhly grass. I like photography, but need to learn a lot more. I love digital cameras!