Going to the Garden Writer’s Symposium in Raleigh NC

Rudbekia and Supertunia Bordeux

I’m going to be gone this week. I’ll be home on Sunday and if my house catches on fire–please put it out. Mr D will be here but I’m at the Garden Writer’s Symposium in Raleigh, NC. I am looking forward to meeting up with vendors, writers, bloggers, friends, and publishers. I promise to write about it when I get home. Maybe I’ll have a chance to check in and blog about the happenings. I am taking my camera and the computer but not sure how much time I’ll have.

Lo and Behold Blue Chip Buddleia and Bee Balm

I’m looking forward to learning about what’s important in the gardening world. I’ll be attending seminars on container gardening for the home and business, propagation rules, what is the future of gardening, and so much more. I’ll have mounds of information to share with you when I return.

100_9645

See ya soon!

Digg!

Stumble it!

1. Betty Eshenour says:

Anna, I’m not sure if you’re old enough to go that far alone and need a chaperone..I am volunteering; I want to go with you. Sounds like a lot of fun and can’t wait till you come back and share with us. I know I’d learn a lot and also maybe have some free time to visit some friends that live in that area. Are you sure you don’t need somebody to go along? My hand is raised as high as it will go! What an honor for you to get to attend. Love the pics you posted. Need to write down those color combinations/plant names for next year. Nothing but Proven Winner plants for me next year. They are the best! My bubble gum pink petunias are still blooming their heads off. We need rain so bad here.
    Have a great time and we look forward to your posting when you get back. Now remember to behave yourself! LOL!
    I had no time to be mischievous. Not good to give too much idol time to creative writers ;). so they marched us all over Raleigh and treated us royally. I feel especially spoiled. We had 755 attend! Record year. I am going to tell you all about it in the coming weeks. Too tired right now to move.

I’m anxious to hear about your visit. When I visited my dad I found lots of trade magazines for the nursery owner that I found fascinating. It made me realize there is a big gardening world outside of the blogosphere!
    This was my first year attending and I’m so glad I did. You are correct and I’m trying to get the word out.

3. What an interesting week it’ll be.

It must be great to pick up so much info and mix with so many like minded people. Have fun
    Intimidating is what it was—latin words thrown around like candy–big names everywhere—little old me hiding in the corner sucking my thumb.

4. meghan says:

ooohhh, that sounds like fun! can’t wait to get some good tidbits from you. enjoy 🙂
    Loads of stuff for you to enjoy if I can find a way to read all the information. I’ll just chew off one plant at the time. I’ll learn it and you can learn it with me.

5. wiseacre says:

Hope you have a blooming good time
    I did have the best time and so many nice people.

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn exciting things. Have a great time, and pass on info when you come back.

Jen
    Gonna take me weeks to get it all posted. It’s going to seem like a plant commercial at my blog and course I want to share all of it.

Have fun…I wish I was going. It would be a delight to meet you face to face! gail
    Aww and likewise my dear friend. We don’t live so far apart that we can’t meet soon. You should spend a nice Autumn day with me in the near future.

8. Have fun, Anna. I’m not attending. I just couldn’t handle the commute from my house. Right now, it’s a good thing that I’m not going as our poor greyhound, Charm, isn’t doing well. She’s been battling kidney disease for years and today is not a good day for her as she’s suddenly started showing “the beginning of the end” symptoms.

Cameron
    I’m so hoping that Charm is better. I know how that feels! big hugs!

Helen did an amazing job on her part and we much appreciated her constant energy. I had the best time.

9. Propagation rules? That always cracks me up. I know it’s the right and true thing, but do plants really follow the rules–esp. when it comes to propagation. Not many humans do! Just teasing you. Have fun and show them how to do it. You are such a charming writer, you should be teaching this symposium.
    You say the sweetest things and I love it. I’m hardly as smart as most of the folks there. It’s like a once in a lifetime event to meet those you idolize and I met some remarkable folks. They spoke eloquently and crammed a ton of info into every word.

This symposium sounds wonderful. Who is sponsoring it? Hope to hear lots of cool stuff when you return.
    I’ll cover that question soon. Stay tuned. You won’t be disappointed in my post over the next week cause I’m gonna sock it to ya—doing my part to promote good gardening and honor the work of those behind the smarts.

11. Beth says:

I wish I good run up there and sneak in!
    Soak in lots of knowledge and come back and spread it around!
    Beware of those after parties ……those gardeners are a wild group!!!
    They are a very wild group and I could not keep up–course they been friends forever and I’m new on the scene. Not a single moment of silence with garden writers.

I can barely wait for you to share some of this information with us……!
    You’ll have to wait till my brain catches up.

13. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, wish I was there too, maybe another time. But we will await on the edge of the lazyboy for your reports. Do try to leave something for us to chew on! 🙂
    Frances
    I’ve got to order the CDs of the event so I can recall some of the information and then there were concurrent sessions so I’ll catch the ones I missed. Information overload is what it is.

14. VP says:

I sooooooo wish we had something like this here in the UK! Having you there to be my eyes and ears for everytthing going is the next best thing 🙂

Have fun!
    I fell very responsible to bring you the best information I can get in each post. These propagators, nurseries, vendors, companies–etc….work extremely hard to stay current in the market they’ve been dealt for the last couple of years—so I plan on taking the lovely info they’ve given me and passing it along to you. I was given loads of info which is presented in a classy and stylish format. Easy on the eyes and brain.

15. gittan says:

Sounds very interesting! And you photos looks great / gittan
    Thank and my goal is to get folks gardening with gusto–and fun.

How exciting. Have a great time.
    They fed us well too! Course we walked it off big time.

17. LindaLunda says: