Autumn Collage Cause Autumn is Coming!

Autumn collage 2009

This collage is from Autumn of 2008 and all the pictures were taken around my house. I looked up in to the trees and there was the most beautiful assortment of oranges, browns, reds, greens, and purples. I was in awe.

Autumn is creeping up on my gardens. Things have slowed down and I see a few leaves looking scraggled. I’m cleaning windows today as part of my thrill that my favorite season is arriving. You would think I’d be a summer gal but Autumn has pumpkins, spice scented candles, and cooler temps. Mr D and I ate on the back porch last night for supper. I’ll be so glad to put on my sweaters and snuggle up to a fire.

Same picture as above—-

Autumn collage 2009

There is a different smell in the air once Autumn arrives. Can you smell it? You can hear leaves falling and the forest floor gets its fresh layer of mulch that nature lays down so quietly.

Autumn collage 2009

Autumn is so hushed compared to summer. I am ready for things to calm down in the garden. I usually pull out my quilting and indoor projects about this time of year. I hope ya’ll are looking forward to this autumn. I just lit my Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick candle. It smells so fresh. I turned on all my little lights too. I put my candles in the fireplace and watch them glow.

Click in the picture to visit Yankee Candle and the Cinnamon Stick candle fragrance.

cinnamon stick by yankee candle

1. dude says:

your site rocks!
    Hey honey–love you! You rock more!

2. linda says:

I do love Autumn Anna. We’ve had such a gorgeous summer in the Chicago area though, I’m in no hurry for fall. Heck, most of our summer has felt like fall except for a very few hot days.

Your collages are gorgeous!
    Thank you and I’m liking those slideshows on your blog. I’ve been to the windy city. Lots of tall buildings! I don’t think we have but one 2 story building in town and it stands out like a sore thumb. It is cooler your way for certain. I think it’s Autumn when it’s in the upper 70’s consistently.

3. I can’t wait for the fall, pumpkins, great fall candles, all the warm colors….makes me happy
    I went to the mall tonight–it’s a ways away in the big city—and I went just to get the candle Cinnamon Stick–well….I forgot it. I was busy looking at fall fashions.

I always buy a new Yankee Candle at the beginning of fall, usually Pumpkin spice. I can feel fall in the air here now.
    Beautiful collages.
    They last forever don’t they? I have found that sitting it on my fireplace hearth is the best location. It fills the whole house with its warm scent.

5. atiredwife says:

With each passing year, I find myself looking forward to autumn more and more. Love the pictures!
    It’s a sign I’m getting old. I like the sweaters and long pants. My body just looks better covered up!

There is something exciting in the air upon Autumn’s arrival…
    I spent this afternoon–after my mall trip where I forgot to get the Autumn candle (errrrrrr)–looking at my past Autumn magazines. I like all the pages and pages of harvest decorating ideas. My home is mostly greens, golds, and browns.

Starting to feel Autumnal here – not much of a Summer here this year.
    I’m so sorry for you. I know and have seen how bad it’s been. Yuck.

Love the blurry photo collage –dreamy.
    Makes you want to sip gourmet coffee and plan next year’s garden.

9. Les says:

Please don’t rush me out of the gallery, I am still enjoying the show.
    Sorry…did you know we’re having night time lows of 50ish next week?

10. nancybond says:

And your collages are spectacular!
    Thank you and they take a long time to do.

11. nancybond says:

Shhhh. Hush, girl. I welcome Autumn in all her colourful splendor, too, but let us enjoy these last wonderful cricket-chirping, cicada-singing, breeze-sighing, aster-producing, air-cooling, humidity-diminishing days just a little bit longer. 🙂
    Nancy the cicada’s are singing loudly here. Nobody is talking Autumn but me and the Monarch’s. They are a month ahead of schedule. I like how you worded this reply–very clever.