Pink almost won me over

on

wilmington I’m a pink kinda girl. I’m drawn to it. At least 1/4 the clothes in my closet are pink.

WilmingtonI did a whole post on Haint Blue porch ceilings but here is one painted pink.

Dayton VirginiaLight Pink and Dark Pink. I have a lot of pictures of old homes. They inspire me. I seem to collect quite a few pictures of pink but have very little of it in my beige golden green craftsman home. I did come very close to building a colorful little cottage home with pink everywhere. Sometimes I feel like I have two personalities. Are you pulled in different directions when it comes to decorating?

1. I am not pulled in two different directions when it comes to decorating (my mind is firmly made up there), but I am when it comes to gardening. I really admire very clean, minimal gardens, with hedges and topiary, but I cannot resist buying plants. It seems I want it all (who doesn’t).
    Deborah
    I think I got my family room finished finally. I’m still working on the guest room. And me too about buying plants. My garden will always be cottage cause I can’t resist a pretty plant.

2. I LOVE those houses!!! you make me want to move up there!
    Well come on!

3. loooove pink, too! Also color-torn in my life. I love a pink world, but my husband isn’t as enthusiastic on the color as I am. Thanks for giving us a shot of cheer.
    Karen
    I put pink in the guest room. I can get away with it in there. I do like my browns and greens too.

I love the pink too, especially the last one. If my husband would allow it I’d have more floral in our house, I’m not girly girl at all, but I like some flowers around in the decor. Most of our colors are greens and maroons.

I like the colors on your house, these pink ones are a bit over the top. That being said, I know in San Fransisco the ‘Painted Ladies’ are all sorts of colors and they are quite popular.

Sometimes I am pulled in two different directions with decorating and gardening…Love the homes you have featured here. Don’t think I could do pink on the outside though..

7. gittan says:

I just LOVE those houses! Wish se could have a porch like that. Pink is the colour I alsomst never have anywhere. It’s just not me if you see what I meen. I’m a dark red lover. Take a look in my garden and you’ll see =) My greenhouse, the furnishures and the veggie garden – it’s all that dark red wine colour / gittan

8. kaija says:

Hi Anna! I like old homes too. They are so beautiful. Pink is nice color. My house is white. Maybe I should paint it pink…:) Have a nice Sunday! Kaija/Crow Cottage

9. LindaLunda says:

Beautiful houses!!!
    I´m drawn to green… cant help it :o)!
    Linda

10. Charlotte says:

Just love these old homes and must visit North Carolina soon on one of my US trips – you’ve inspired me!