What makes a good stone bunny

100_9934

I’m always on the lookout for a good stone bunny. I like them to have the character of the one above. I like them to be aged a bit but they are hard to find. Most of the time you have to raise one yourself. Do you know that you raise animals and rear children? I never say rear–if I did–it would be awkward.

100_8918Those are two iron bunnies which age very gracefully.

I do want for my bunnies a patina, cute face, and to preferably have good ears. How do you prefer your bunnies?

This little stone bunny is going in my gardening card project( growing old gracefully). Would you like to take a peak at the website I’m working on for my new garden items? It’s going to take me awhile to develop that site and the handcrafted items that will be featured there. I have lots of ideas for that site. I make custom birdhouses, girlie straw hats, outdoor chandeliers, and many other surprises. So far only the garden Christmas cards are listed. But if you’d like to follow my progress on the site—you can go HERE!, and maybe add it to your google reader. Thank you if you do 😉

I’m away from my puter this week. This set of post is generated automatically. Hugs to all! I miss ya.

1. Becca's Dirt says:

I love bunnies too. Your bunnies are so cute.

2. Cinj says:

I had some adorable garden animals that Cheesehead made me discard before we moved. Peanut used to love to run around the yard with our garden statuary and play with them.

I’ve got some ideas to make outdoor decor too. We made some shutters for our shed. Next up is a copula and weather vane. Also some type of wind chimes. I have such a long list of projects I want to do it’s crazy! I haven’t been blog hopping much lately, too busy. Miss ya. I sure hope you’re doing something fun!

Your porch? that would be the word that we use here, is absolutely gorgeous. Does it never rain there? In BC we get all this summer punctuated by tons of rain. So the lovely carpet would always be damp.

I love the idea of a web site Anna, and of course I am adding it to my Google Reader. I don’t want to miss anything that you are creating. Girl, you rock.

Jen

4. cindee says:

I love rabbits! Yours are very pretty! I have one with a broken ear right now that needs a little surgery to reattach! I Love the stone ones too but the plastic ones are looking pretty good lately! More stone like(-:

I remember watching a Lynette Jennings show on TV where she took a stone bunny and put a slurry of moss and buttermilk on it. Turned out pretty cool as the moss covered the bunny.

Around here we raise animals and train children. The bunnies are cute, I have taking a liking to frogs and toadstools this year.