Yellow Swallowtail

After the arrival of the black swallowtails, the yellow ones came calling. I will be putting this Mexican Sunflower on my list for next year because they prefer this flower over all the rest.

I’m off to do some shopping and buy some sheets. Seems like after 32 years of marriage, we wore them out 😉

See my main page for an artistic display of my blogroll and do stop off to visit my:

Blog of the Day!

1. myenglishcountrygarden says:

Lovely photographs of such exotic butterflies: our peacock butterflies are just beginning to come here( though after today they will be dripping wet….)
    We need rain so badly. The butterflies were flitting all over the place today. They are certainly joyful creatures.

2. joey says:

Love your butterflies, Anna (and new photo)! It’s always a delight to catch up with you … am off again this PM for more lake family fun. Hope all is well and your summer … grand!
    Love it when you stop by—big hugs to one of my bestest buds!

I stopped by earlier and got sidetracked by the beautiful links and ended up visiting a few! Your butterflies are wonderful…and the Mexican Sunflower is a wonderful flower! Love the color. gail
    I’m sidetracked by the pretty blog pics too. So much easier for my eyes than the small print. I’m still not done adding folks but I had to do some real work this week and didn’t get to it.

4. Rob(ourfrenchgarden) says:

I love the shape of swallowtails. We get one over here which is very similar. It’s know as the ‘sail’ swallowtail.
    Any tail is a good one! I mean that with the most respect 😉

What gorgeous Butterflies you have Anna. They are becoming rare over here, though the Buddleia’s attract the most.
    Wonder why they are rare? I think they are more plentiful but maybe that’s cause I did my best to attract them this year.

We have had all types of Swallowtails, they love Zinnias too!
    Yes, I know and they loved my Envy zinnias last year. Wish my sunflowers would open so they can feast on them.

7. nancybond says:

And thank you so much for the link! I’m tickled pink. 🙂
    You are so welcome! Big hugs to ya!

8. Your photos are delicious! I love swallowtails & will look for that plant too, thanks!
    Welcome! Oh yes, I can’t believe how crazy these butterflies are going after this flower. It’s nuts. They are all over it.

9. nancybond says:

Beautiful photos, and very nicely presented. 🙂
    Thank you and I so much enjoy watching the butterflies. I can’t wait for the monarchs to arrive and discover all the sunflowers out back. I hope I’ve got it all timed perfectly. Last year they came ravenous.