My Winchester Honeysuckle is blooming

Winchester Honeysuckle Blog

The Winchester Honeysuckle is finally blooming. I’m amazed at the beauty of the bloom. It is unique and solft.It’s not to be so aggressive but of course it is a honeysuckle. Right now I love it.

Winchester Honeysuckle

1. gail says:

It’s lovely…gail

2. Cinj says:

Wow, that is really pretty. Does it have the wonderful honeysuckle fragrence too?
    I haven’t noticed a fragrance and even went out to smell it after you ask. I still don’t smell it but I see that Rob-Our French Garden–says it does. Maybe I just can’t smell with all these allergies.

3. Heather says:

Very pretty!~ I have one too and this will be the first year it blooms. I can’t wait!
    The blooms don’t last long but more keep coming every day. I see lots more on the new growth. It should grow the height of that porch post this year at the rate it’s going.

Love the soft pink. Ours is the old yellow type.

5. Kim says:

It sure is beautiful, so I can understand why you love it.

6. myenglishcountrygarden says:

I adore honeysuckle. I have it growing over the arches my old roses garden: the scent is just so fabulous isn’t it?
    I can’t smell it. Do you think it’s too young? Seems like blooms would be blooms you know. Rob says it has a fragrance. Maybe my nose is haywire. I want to come see if you did a theatre update.

7. Hi Anna

As it grows so will the scent.

Rob
    See–everyone is telling me it has a scent but that is news to me. I’ll stay tuned though and let you all know. I do love it right now while it’s behaving. I might have to keep the Fiskars handy.

Isn’t that lovely. I have a lot of Honey Suckle including the variegated form and they are all lovely.
    Honeysuckle is new to me. I thought there was only that wild yellow kind that grows around here like mad. My neighbor things I’ve lost my mind planting it. I sure hope not but time will tell.