The kinda fizz a girl doesn’t mind having

100_7815

The Knock-Out roses are really coming out now. I was going to take more pictures today of my gardens but it started raining. My garden is just taking off this season and it’s still young. Remember, it’s just a little over a year old but I’m catching up fast.

I need to back cut the edging that isn’t next to a sidewalk. I found some really pretty lantana. It’s called Apricot Fizz by PW of course. And it matches my woodwork. Here is Apricot Fizz and you can see it below planted on each side of the Winchester Honeysuckle. It’s also planted in a few more places.

Apricot Fizz by Proven Winners is 24″ tall by 36 wide. Full sun although some lantana can tolerate part shade. Deadhead if berries appear. Toxic to pets.

lantanaapricotfrizzpw

100_7814

Winchester Honeysuckle by Monrovia– full to part sun. Grows to 20 feet. Produces berries in the fall for bird migration. Peach maroon flowers put on one big show and then sporadic throughout summer. Hummingbirds and butterflies love it. It may be evergreen in my garden if it’s not too harsh a winter.

I’m on the Monarch path and they come hungry.

winchesterhoneysucklemonroviawynja

Cooler Icy Pink vinca is planted in the beds too but it’s not showing up in the first photo. It will show up in about two weeks. That bed will change a great deal. Picture is from Ball I picked this vinca because of the little orange center to match the honeysuckle, nandinas, lantana above, and the woodwork on the house. Clever huh? Oh and the pink matches the Gertrude Jeckyll rose I just planted. Remember? Can’t wait to show you as it matures.

coolericypink

Well I sure do like what I got going on! 🙂

I am some kind of busy. I’m planting all those seedlings I planted back in March. Over half made it and maybe some of those little white cups are showing up in the photo.

I got a shipment of Southern Living plants( you can see them sitting on the porch and I’ll write about them later) and am expecting Proven Winners plants any day. So here is what my garden looks like today and it will really change in the next few weeks.

1. Cathy says:

That’s the kind of frizz I like too, I like watching the new plants grow, and they do grow pretty fast. I sure like that winchester honeysuckle you have great taste my dear!
    Thank you and it will be tons of fun to see the Winchester bloom don’t you think? What a grand bloom it has. I want to see hummingbirds all over it.

2. Kathleen says:

I wouldn’t mind that kind of frizz at all Anna!! It’s gorgeous. I like the honeysuckle like lots of others do too. I think your garden is going to be gorgeous even if it is new. Also, I wanted to let you know, I received the sundial this week and posted a pic of it on my blog today. It’s just beautiful. I’m so happy I won so thank you again.
    You are welcome and it does look grand.

3. Marnie says:

I absolutely love the honeysuckle. If I find it in one of my garden centers I will certainly buy it. The lantana is the the prettiest color. Your garden is doing beautifully.
    Marnie
    Yes, do find one and we can compare the growth. Let’s report the height each month. I like to see how the same plant does in a different zone. It will be fun.

4. I love that lantana and it goes great with the honeysuckle! Lantana is just about the hardiest plant I’ve ever had, and it’s a favorite of mine for that reason (even if it doesn’t have the best scent in the world!).
    I’ve never smelled a lantana but maybe cause it makes me break out and itch to death. I always plant it though. I just don’t get my nose down there on it 😉

5. Brooke says:

Oh wow, your home is so lovely. All your plant choices are very pretty. I agree, you are catching up very nicely my friend. Love to sit on the porch and watch it rain, so save a seat for me…….Brooke
    Yes, let’s sit on the porch and sup tea. Thank you.

6. Randy says:

Isn’t it exciting watching everything take shape? It all looks positively lovely!

Love watching the changes in everyone’s gardens. It is so much fun and there is so much to learn. Looks like loropetulam sitting on the porch!! I have that lantana too!
    Yes it is lorapedalums!

8. myenglishcountrygarden says:

Looking on your beautifully made bed which just oozes promise, I’m jealous! I’d like to start afresh on some of my borders…Hmmm.. no e to self: think seriously about it! (After the recession of course)

I love the pink vinca: is it at all invasive ? The blue flowered one I had in my garden in London and I battled with it daily……
    This is annual vinca and not the invasive type. There is a lot of vinca out there–minor–major. It’s kinda like the Mint family or Southerners—we are all related if you get us in a room long enough.

Its all looking good Anna, and is that great stage when a great plan starts to come together.

10. Robin says:

I’ve been just about everywhere here looking for lantana and none to be had. Hopefully someone will get it in soon. The Fizz looks really pretty, my favorite though is the old fashioned pink and yellow. I look forward to watching your garden grow!

11. Ewa says:

Your fresh and young garden will catch up fast, especially with the amount and love you give it.
    Cheers,
    Thank you and that was very kind!