1. Laura Retzlaff says:

Anna Hello…
    I live in Milwaukee Wi.. I purchased a (Monrovia) Red Fury Mandevilla in June 2009
    The plant did pretty well all summer.. The weather became cold here too fast.. I did not have time to bring it in.. It froze out there for 2 hard nights.. I transplanted it. I now have it in a sunny warm window.. It is not doing well.. I trimmed it back (luckily it is still green in the stem) I used miracle grow on it too.. It looks bad.. I am not ready to give up.. The plant was around 3 feet high, and gorgeous !! Any suggestions how I should baby this plant all winter??
    Thanks so much !
    Laura/ With the Frozen Red Fury Mandevilla
    Someone else ask me about it from your zone and I was certain it was not zoned so I went and looked it up on Monrovias site. they say zones 10 and 11 and you are like 5 I think. You would have to bring it inside to a sunny location. http://www.monrovia.com/learn/plant_catalog/detail.php?item_number=6127

2. I’ve never heard of that, I’ll be on the lookout for it. I love mandevilla and bouganvilla, but they don’t winter over here, and they get too large to drag into the garage.

I’m going to have to look for this one. I like finding new varieties for containers.

4. This is my choice for a smaller trellis ( only growing about 36″ ) this year. Thank you for your wonderful information. I am going to book mark you in my favorites on my garden blog so others can check out your FABULOUS site!

Happy Gardening

5. Kathi says:

I’ve never heard of this plant…I love mandevilla’s but I don’t have much luck with them…I guess they just don’t care for Minnesnowta!

Thinking of you!
    Hugs,
    Kathi 🙂

6. linda says:

Anna, If I had more sun in my garden, there’d be one more plant to overwinter in the basement! No matter how impractical, I can’t seem to resist those tropicals.

7. Marnie says:

It’s pretty. I haven’t heard of that one before.
    Marnie

8. Cathy says:

I saw that variety at Home Depot, I would have bought one but I already have the vine. I like the idea that it does not grow long, and it easily overwintered indoors.
    They are pretty and I am very tempted to go and get one.

Very pretty flowers, I thought about getting one last summer, then summer was over. Guess I waited too long to get one. oops

10. mothernaturesgarden says:

I saw this plant yesterday while out and it is very floriferous.
    Donna

Its a conservatory only plant over here Anna, but gorgeous.