What A Lovely Entryway

100_7304

I’m always in awe of homeowners who can pull together such a welcome entryway. The pots are stacked perfectly, it’s the right balance, the colors speak well of the style, and it evokes a warm feeling. I instantly want to meet the folks who live there.

100_7303

The dormers are of course a hallmark of this style home. The steep black roof becomes part of the charm with these accent pieces. They would look different without the gambrel look to the trim. I’ve not seen a pitched dormer with a gambrel trim and it is unique. Most trim would mimic the roofline of the dormer.

100_7300

Every angle of this home is well thought out.

100_7301

Be sure to enlarge the photo above so you can see how the ladder-back chair is placed beside the azaleas. The texture works so well in this setting. I have learned a lot from this homeowner who I apprecaite for showing such beauty in all seasons.

redfrontdoor

I took this photo just last winter and I made a mental note to myself—go back and you’ll not regret it. We gardeners, you and I, can follow our experience and know it will be a feast for the soul and eyes. It was. I nearly fainted when I saw how beautifully the owners had orchestrated the flow of seasons. And you know, it’s not expensive touches they have used but it is well thought out and that makes all the difference. Bravo!

1. That is a beautiful entry way. Someone really put some thought into this. And it looks so homeeee.

2. It’s fun to see and admire what others have done, whether we decide to borrow a few ideas from them or not. This is the reason I always try to remember to slip a little digital camera in my pocket when I’m going out walking. I always think I’m going to remember how something looks — or that I’ll go back and shoot it later — but somehow I don’t. But you did. And you shared it with all of us. Thanks.

3. Cathy says:

What a great looking house, warm and inviting, those azeleas are so gorgeous.

4. It is indeed a very welcoming entrance Anna,
    thanks for sharing it with us.

Your new design is looking good, well done you
    🙂
    K

5. Lovely entryway, indeed; I adore all the flower fireworks from the rhodies/azaleas. And by the way, I love the new blue springlike look of your blog, Anna.

And then yeah….there’s this Gardening by Letter project I’m involved with that someone named Anna FlowergardenGirl started…and when I got home last night, weary and overwhelmed, there was a burst of spring waiting for me! Thank you, thank you so much for all your encouraging and organizing…and the work apron will be a cherished treasure forever, as will your card, which I’m putting on the wall in my office in Liverpool, so I can grin at it every day.

much love to you across the gardening miles!
    I’m so glad you got the package chock full of love and attention. Aren’t we gardeners awesome. Many more wanted to participate but there wasn’t room. I may do it again next year. It’s loads of fun seeing all the goodies come in and then mailing them back out. I get a blessing too.

It does look inviting!!
    My house is the only one that doesn’t have any. I might get some when they go on sale.

7. janet says:

The azaleas are really striking as they sweep around the front edge of the house. This time of year with the azaleas and dogwoods — it just doesn’t get any prettier.
    So true, and my neighborhood is full of these beauties.

You must have internet access down at ‘the lake’. I hope your day is filled with fun as you set the course for new beginnings. I know you have awhile before you move..but this is such a good start.

8. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, so lovely. Azaleas make my heart sing and those are mature beauties. The dormers are quite interesting and I am sure the homeowners are as well. Spring is paradise!
    Frances
    This Spring is the best yet. I mean it–I think this is prettiest Spring on record. Your garden is evidence of that!

9. mothernaturesgarden says:

I admire those who can organize to look inviting. Mine just looks junky. I have been out lately removing a lot of little stuff.
    I can’t imagine that you would do anything less than perfect balance. I’ve seen your flower arrangements and they are very well arranged. I just bet you are tired of the current look. Go rearrange it and swap out with some of your treasures. Then post a picture. I want to see what you did.

That is lovely and designed with intelligence and love.
    Maybe I’ll ask my neighbor friend Gail if she knows who lives there. She’s been here forever and knows everyone. I’m just as itching to see the inside.

11. joey says:

I would hope my pots are stacked perfectly, the right balance and colors evoking a warm feeling, and that you would want to meet me, Anna 🙂
    Guaranteed for sure and most certainly I would want to be your neighbor friend. I know it without a doubt.

12. cindee says:

What a great home! I love the use of the pots/chair etc. My kinda place! Thanks for sharing!
    This is your kind of place and you decorate just as beautifully.