Blossoms in Pink

on

100_6954

The cherry trees are blooming and light conditions were perfect for capturing their beauty. The blossoms are delicate and paper-like. The pinks are veined with darker patches running throughout the petal.

I’m really busy planting and preparing. If I disappear a bit, you’ll know I’m probably in the garden.

100_6961

100_6948

100_6939

100_69421

100_6935

I love the grey-blue sky in the background of the above photo. This is a Yoshino cherry. I do not know the first one other than a weeping Japanese cherry.

100_6934

This Yoshino is growing in my yard. The photo below is a Thundercloud plum also in my yard.

100_6930

I’ll have a lot of pink ;). I just purchased a Kwanzan that was delivered today along with some other goodies I’ll tell you about in another post. Most cherries provide a bit of fall color. The Kwanzan has deep orange leaves in the Autumn and will grow to about 30 feet tall and wide. It grows in zones 5-9, full sun, medium grower

Yoshino is zones 5-8, medium grower, full sun, 40ish tall-40ish wide

1. Kathleen says:

The cherry blossoms are beautiful Anna. You really took some nice photos. I hope your seedlings survived the storm??? I still like your makeshift greenhouse.

2. Les says:

I agree with Janet, that first shot is very nice. The Yoshino’s are blooming everywhere up here right now, but after today’s wind I think they will be less flowery by tomorrow.

3. Sweet Bay says:

Wow, such lovely pictures. I have a special spot in my heart for Weeping Cherry. Tough and beautiful.

Gorgeous. I was staring with wonder at a local white cherry yesterday before baby sitting.

5. So beautiful. Our neighbor bought a beautiful weking cherry last year. I need to swing by there and see if it bloomed. Great pics!

6. Cathy says:

Beautiful Cherry blossoms, love the photography you must have a great camera
    and skills to go with it. I really enjoy reading your posts.

They are so pretty! Our weeping cherry is just starting to bloom.

8. These are absolutely the best blossom photos I’ve seen so far!

Rob

I love the cherry blossoms! I especially like the first photo. Think it might be Prunus subhirtella ‘Pendula’ though not sure. PINK!