Lambs and Lamium

on

Lamium

My lamium is blooming. I think this is Orchid.  It’s so sweet don’t you think. My oldest son visited with a friend this weekend. They have a farm and the little lambs were just born. They are only two weeks old. Look!

My son sent me pictures of the babies. He took them with his phone and I think he needs a camera. He has an eye for good shots. The lamb by momma has two ears on the right side of his head. If you look closely, you’ll notice a V shape to the ear. I think that makes him special.

littlelambs2

littlelambs3

littlelambsva

and look at the view from the front porch. It’s in Virginia.

littlelambs4

Thank you son and I miss you!

1. Sherry says:

Such darlings! Your son lives in a very lovely location.
    I have been enjoying catching up with you!
    Sherry

2. What a gorgeous shot of the lamium–is it macro? I have the exact same Lamium and it never fails to please. Many people dislike it but mine isn’t invasive…it does spread, but ever-so-lightly and in just the right places! If not, it’s easily removed and in my opinion, doesn’t come back where it’s removed. Anyway…that does look like the Blue Ridge Mtn area–SO very different than where I live in Virginia. I wish it was that beautiful;-) The lamb with the double ear is so cute-how precious they are.

3. Maria Berg says:

That is USA for me sitting on a front porch and have that view.
    Lamb, it always nice, Wonderful with small I mean new born animals.
    Thank you for letting me see!
    Love Maria Berg

4. joey says:

Interesting post, Anna … much of my silver beacon lamium reverted to to the vigorous, solid-green form, and needs to be rogued out … I spend much of spring ripping out this choking plant. Hope it doesn’t happen to you (Not an April Fool joke 🙂 Your son’s photos are great and I can see why you are proud … after teasing me throughout my life, my children always have cameras near! Happy April gardening 🙂

5. Sweet Bay says:

Those lambs are so cute!! I always enjoyed reading about lambing season in James Herriott’s books.

6. RainGardener says:

I’m such a sucker for furry babies! They are adorable – 2 ears huh – the better to hear you sneaking up on me says he! I think Lamium was one of the first plants I bought when we moved here and I do believe that my husband pulled it out thinking it was a weed. Of course he’s never admitted it but . . . that’s my thought about where it went!!!;-)

7. Kathleen says:

Oh, how sweet are those babies?? I love a baby lamb. We used to see them all the time when I was growing up in Virginia. Now, not so much although one local photographer buys a few each year around Easter for photo shoots!

8. cindee says:

I love baby lambs. They are so cute! Interesting about the ears.
    Your window garden did so well last year! My direct sowing didn’t do well. Nothing came up! I am just amazed by that. Either snails ate the new shoots or the seeds were bad? I planted a pack of wild flower seeds and one of poppy seeds. They were huge packets! No sign of any! I planted them over a month ago! I still have more to plant so I might try again(-:

9. jgh says:

I love seeing pictures of little lambs in the spring! That little one with two ears definitely has special cuteness potential.

Are they not just the most adorable fuzzy wuzzy little things?

Jen

11. Randy says:

They are very cute! Excellent photos. 🙂

12. Marnie says:

The lamium is lovely, that one is new to me. They have developed quite a few new varieties. Those lambs are the cutest. Makes you want one for a pet;)
    Marnie

13. Heather says:

Oooh, I haven’t had lambs here yet. Those little ones may just change my mind. I love baby animals. Too bad they always grow up.
    -Heather

14. layanee says:

The lamium looks like an orchid. Very pretty. You have gotta love lambs! The little guy with the two ears is special. Do you think he can hear better than the rest?

15. fairegarden says:

Oh that is so sweet, look at their innocent faces looking up at him! Too too precious. The little two eared guy/gal is very special indeed. What a piece of land too. Wowee!
    Frances

Ah Virginia! Beautiful shot. I do like the Shenandoah Mountains. So this son is a sheep farmer/ civil engineer? Interesting combo. Those lambs are really cute. I agree the first photo is nicely composed. So just how far is he from JMU?

That is just so lovely. And of course Lamium is called Lambs Ears over here.

18. Peggy says:

The lambs are so cute looking up at the camera, either posing or hoping for food?! He does have an eye for a good photo.
    I thought that too. He said they were baa’ing in a real high pitched tone–meaning they were very young. I loved hearing him tell about it.

Beautiful bloom. Precious lambs!! Awesome view!!!
    Thank you.