The Copper Top Work Crew

on

100_6463

This is my oldest son concentrating on the roof for Copper Top Cottage. This past weekend my two sons and MrD worked on the copper roof for my new shed/elegant hideaway. My boys rarely get the chance to spend time together as they live 5 hours apart. So I very much appreciated them working with their dad to get this hard part finished. We’ve had rain most weekends and that is why it is taking so long to finish my shed. Boo hiss.

100_6468

That’s my youngest son on the left. They are two years apart and get along grand. They have never been much to fuss and fight like some do. And talk about funny—they make you laugh non-stop with their carrying on with each other. They tease me and MrD to death. My youngest–is going to be a writer and is still in college. He is getting ready to submit his first book soon. He is a workaholic as he also has one part-time job and a full time job while going to school full time and maintaing an A average. I don’t know when he sleeps.

100_6491

My oldest son–above–is an engineer. He is a project engineer working for a company who builds waste-water treatment plants. This means he has to move every couple of years when the job is finished. I wish he would move close to us and his brother. We miss him. He’s well liked on the job-site and has earned a great deal of respect due to his work ethics.

He is hilarious too and has joined an all Mexican soccer team with a bunch of guys from the job-site. I told him that he’ll find a good wife that way. I’ve never seen an unattractive hispanic girl. I hope they all bring their grown daughters to meet him. He’s also the captain of their company’s softball team. He says he’s going to play whatever position is open. He said the team will probably be awful but they’ll have fun. I think their short-stop is a chain smoking 50+yr old.

100_6472

My boys are strong and healthy!

100_6492

He–oldest son– says OSHA ( work safety people) would never approve of him stretching that far! I told him my body would never let me stretch that far.

100_6464

I love the tool belt! His measuring skills come in handy too.

100_6475

I thanked him for the copper and told him how nice the tool belt looked. That blue plastic he is holding was covering the copper to keep it protected. And look….my grass is turning green.

100_6486

This is actually a tin called Copper Penny. It looks like copper but doesn’t cost as much.

100_6482

The raised parts snap together. You can enlarge the picture to see that. It has very sharp edges and they had to wear gloves when handling it.

100_6508

I was going to keep that.

weddadboys2

They clean up really well too. My oldest on the left, MrD, and the groom on the right–my youngest at his wedding 2 years ago. I don’t dare show you my dil as she is gorgeous. I’d be afraid to put here picture on here. She and MrD were chosen to be in a George Clooney movie once. The movie was called Leatherheads. It did awful at the box office but I’m sure if they had shown more of my family it would have done better 😉 Well….it needed a better plot too. But they had fun. My youngest was chosen for the movie too but when he showed up to get fitted—they said they didn’t have an outfit big enough to cover his shoulders.

You can see progress of my shed on my sidebar. It’s under the category ===My Shed 🙂

100_6498

Just wanted you to see it’s white on the underside.

1. A shed put together with love – it’s going to be grand! I can’t wait to see it all done.
    You will love it and I’m sure you’ll see some of your items inside. It’s my little elegant hideaway and a storehouse for my treasures.

2. Deb says:

Very nice looking young men. You must be very proud.
    I was proud the day they were born and haven’t stopped. They continue to amaze me.

3. VP says:

It looks like you had a grand family time at the weekend 🙂

Was it also Mother’s Day in The States last Sunday like it was over here? If so, it looks like they were giving you a wonderful present – making something you’ll be happy in for the years to come just by donating a little bit of time, muscle and love.
    No, our Mother’s Day is in May. Happy MD to you though. My boys are coming back home the weekend between my birthday and mother’s day. We sometimes celebrate several things all at once. We have to get it when the getting is good.

4. Everyone working together in harmony.

That’ll be some shed.
    It’s got lots of nails and screws. I may go down there if we get a tornado warning.

5. Racquel says:

What handsome sons you have raised. You must be so proud of them too! They are really good guys to help you & dad out with this project! Can’t wait to see it all done.
    Thank you and they are a joy to have around.

You are surrounded by love! I knew that…the shed is really taking shape. Soon Anna you will inside decorating and having a wonderful time…gail btw…good looking men!
    Thank you and I am looking forward to move in day. MrD says we are going to live in the shed and store out stuff in the big house. Sounds good to me.

I really enjoyed learning about your family. They sound great. It must be a great feeling to see them grown and being such good people! No wonder you’re proud. I bet you can’t wait to see your shed completed!
    I did have it pretty easy being their mom. They are very motivated and have worked hard in life. Part of it is our military moves. When you move so much in life, family becomes your best friend. When we didn’t have anyone else, we had each other. They’ve always done us proud.

8. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, how proud you are of your family, and rightly so! Those are some gorgeous men! The copper looks wonderful. Will it tarnish like real copper too? For the weathered look? You are lucky to have such a wonderful crew.
    Frances
    Thank you. I expect the tin will weather but not that green patina we associate with real copper. I can always put a faux finish on it as time goes on. The place where I get my hair cut has that faux copper on their walls. It looks real.

9. joey says:

Your weekend must have been a delight surrounded by family. I can see you are a very proud mother and rightly so, dear Anna. Your sons are indeed strong and handsome … they come from good stock! Keep us posted on the progress … love the copper. (Did any of the recipes work for you?)
    Thank you. I have a lot of stuff to put in copper top already. My garage is getting full. I know MrD would like to have his side back so he can park his truck in there.

I think those recipes are going to be grand. I sent you an email about why I didn’t get to them yet. I am looking forward to fixing them.

Ok, I need a crew like this. Can you send them over here when they’re done?? I make good lasagna.
    I’m sorry but they are booked forever. I never quit thinking of stuff that needs to be done. You have a whole crew of workers you are raising. It’s kind of sad when they leave home. I enjoy my kids as grown-ups but they were tons of fun as kiddos too.

Think your shed is going to be wonderful when complete. Very nice that the whole family pitched in to help… and that the weather cooperated. Great picture from the wedding.
    It will be grand cause they are paying attention to detail. They’ve been through a ton of saw blades as that cement board dulls them quickly. The front of the cottage is almost all glass and won’t require much cutting. I can’t wait.

Don’t you just love the boys! There are 4 girls and 1 boy here, the girls are special although there is just something about the boy, even the girls spoil him rotten and he is 22. Your shed is going to be great!!! I know you are excited about it.
    I grew up with brothers so I guess the good Lord figured I had more experience in raising boys. MrD said he always wanted a little girl and now we’re holding out for a baby girl grand daughter. She’s going to be rotten for sure.

Great pictures and its so good to see them all working together – and it will be great Anna.
    They are all perfectionist and it will be well put together. The forecasters are calling for heavy storms and lots of rains through the weekend. That means no work this weekend either. We can’t seem to catch a break.