The Elegant Side of a Garden Center

100_6573

The planting season here in NC is just beginning to start. Soon this place will be full of trees, shrubs, and bedding plants both annuals and perennials. I will continue to showcase them as they arrive. I hope you get inspired to visit your local garden center.

100_6574

100_6575

100_6579

100_6582

100_65832

100_6592

Are you noticing how much floral work is under glass? That’s the in thing this year.

100_6584

100_6597

100_6594

100_6581

I guess bird’s nest never go out of style at least not for me.

100_6580Enlarge this photo and see how that bottom left pot has a broken pot inside. I bought the stuff to do this today. I’ll show you later.

100_6576

100_6636

Here you can see a few tables full of some Spring bedding plants. Soon to arrive will be the summer perennials and annuals. They carry the most sought after old and new perennials. I have so much to replace in my new gardens. It almost overwhelms me.

100_6655

100_6603The floating  blooms are so pretty in this birdbath. I want one. I would like to create a courtyard feel just outside my morning room door.

I’d go crazy at a place like that. So many things I’d love to buy in those pictures!
    That’s the problem–so much stuff we gardeners like. I can see a lot of things that would fit in your garden too.

2. Marnie says:

I see a dozen things I really, really want;) I need to visit my garden centers and see what they have on display.
    Marnie
    Be careful and don’t go without proper supervision. I know you’ll get carried away especially on kitty kat themed stuff.

3. mothernaturesgarden says:

I could spend forever in there, Anna. What fun to go along with you.
    Donna
    Awww…thank you. I do have loads of fun in life. Are the nurseries up your way–or over your way—starting to look like this too?

I can see your fascination. What a lovely place to spend a (few) hours.
    They get a few of my dollars on a pretty regular basis.

5. Bren says:

This is a wonderful entry as always. I want the kitty sculpture for my garden. LOVE IT!!!! Happy Spring – thank you for sharing this wonderful site.
    Thank you.

6. Deb says:

What a pretty shop. Reminds me a little of Blue Moon in east Texas.
    You are spoiled down there in Texas as you have a lot of cool places. Your weather is so much better and will support that kind of business probably year round.

7. Spring! Spring has not sprung here, but rather sproinged! We had a blasting of snow come down on us this morning and spring rolled over, hauled the blanket over her head, and went back to sleep until further notice. I wish I could do the same thing!
    Oh good grief—is that normal? We’ll have bouts of warm and chilly till Mother’s Day. It would be rare to have snow and I hope we don’t. Your can rub in your mild temps when we are hot and muggy.

Just read your reply to the last post. I will be thinking of your son for sure, I’m sure he does have a flare for writing……you are his mom!
    Thank you Darla. My son is very talented and funny as all get out. I feel like he’ll do well one day as an author. He’s smart and very well read. He has a remarkable memory and retains a god deal of what he reads. That is definitely an opportunity to be creative.

9. Hi Anna

It’s the birdcages that I’ve got into. OK not particularly for the garden, but I want one.

I sometimes see some really nice, unfeasibly expensive antique ones over here. It’s just as well my wife is the guardian of the cheque book as I could possibly spend my and yours, possibly Americas’ way out of recession!

Rob
    I’m trying to make my dent in the recession too. Do bird cages ever got out of style? I bet you do have some pretty ones where you live. These I’m sure are good reproductions but I’d love to have the real deal such as what you are talking about. Course—you have immaculate taste.

Well, I’ll be dipped in peanut butter! Fantastic ideas here, love bird nests–always. The broken pot in the container is sooo cute! Thank you for sharing all of this. I will probably have to look at it again……….
    I have quite a few broken pots and most coming from this shop. I left them out in the cold–opps–and now I want to use them as added interest somewhere else. That’s why I love what they did with these. I get inspired every time I drop by.

11. Stunningly gorgeous! Great, now I have garden envy…Kathy
    I’m sure you see beauty all around you. You have a great deal of talent and it so nice of you to complement others. You truly would love this little shop. The owner looks for unique things and she would really like your shop too.

Anna, this is breathtakingly beautiful. I love this nursery, I will be over to visit in oh let’s see….the trip would probably take days. Too bad. If I was anywhere closer, trust me, I would drop by.

I started a blog for the garden centre where I work, and it is fun. But it is getting harder to find the time to fit in both mine and theirs.

Lovely gorgeous shots, very creative. I adore that beautiful little shelf, kind of antiqued wood, with the square shelves.

Jen
    Once you get close by—give me a call. We’ll borrow MrD’s truck to haul it home. You do a great job of keeping a blog and i didn’t know you did one for the nursery too. I don’t work or have kids at home so posting a few extra pictures for them won’t be too much for me. I can see where it would be a lot for you. But you have a talent with words and art so hang in there.

This little shop has a lot of furniture pieces like that. Some little shelves and other great big pieces. I guess they have some of everything you need. That’s the problem–it’s too tempting.