Garden Center Spring 2009

100_6672

Let’s start with lots of color and a new twist for this Spring. You haven’t seen bunnies like this! I took so many photos today that I won’t be able to fit the themes all in one post.

100_66691

I really did want to buy them all. They would be perfect in a container of bright colors.

100_6688

I like this little shop and its fantastic displays. Take a look at what is new in decorating for the garden and around the home for 2009.

100_6708

100_6713

There are beautiful bright displays dotted about .

100_6718

100_6720

These guys like hanging out with the with the wire vine.

100_6744

I am going to go back and get one of these. It will be perfect hanging on a peg in my guest bathroom. Imagine a single flower cut fresh from the garden in one of these bottle vases.

100_6707

100_6693

I wonder what kind of butterflies these little caterpillars will make.

100_6653

100_6652 It’s so awesome to shop here.

100_6627

That’s just too pretty isn’t it?

100_6772

I can imagine this–can you? See you tomorrow with more.

1. Hanna says:

Those displays are absolutely precious!!!
    Can’t wait for you to see the plants as they come in. They carry a lot of unusual perennials.

I love it. They sure have a lot of nice things there, I love the spring colors. Looking forward to seeing more of it!
    I’ll probably do 5 post on this little place. I was so pleased with how the pictures turned out. Of course–it was a real photo shot kinda of place. Every year I say she has the best stuff—but then I see this year and repeat the same words about it. Diedra cares so much about her shop. Poor Damien works his fingers to the bone. He has greenhouses at their home too. They grow some fresh produce and buy from the local farmers as those types of things start to come in. There is always something good going on at The Briar Patch.

I think I’d go broke there! I really need to get out to the garden center and browse around. (But why, when I can oogle here and not spend anything?!)
    Oh thanks–make me spend all the money. I usually give this place a huge chunk of my garden budget. They usually carry everything I’m looking for. I need to get my mushroom compost from them soon. It will be the next thing added to my beds.

4. Marnie says:

All those beautiful colors will banish any winter time blahs you might have. It’s a gray, rainy day here so those colors and sweet bunnies cheered me up.
    Marnie
    I’m so glad! It’s one of the reasons I went to visit. I thought we all needed a boost and I’m doing a terrarium that I needed supplies for. Just wait till you see what I have planned for today. When my sweet son leaves soon—I’ll post the pics. He’s over here and we’re making pictures for a book jacket. He’s sending off manuscripts in hopes of getting his first book published. I hope to be bragging about that soon.

You know you have most of us drooling at all those plants? Great to see lots of plants ready for spring!
    No reason I shouldn’t drool alone cause that is what garden blogging buddies are for–right. We encourage each other to get–yet–another plant!

Oh, oh!!! This is my cup of tea no doubt. Looking forward to your post about elegance as well, maybe I can learn a thing or two!!
    Everything about gardening is my weakness. I shouldn’t even go to this shop as I drool so badly and need to take along a bib. I spent a good bit yesterday on some terrarium stuff and I bought two Wallflower plants. I’ll be posting the elegant ones in just a bit. My youngest son is home and I’m taking photos for him. He’s sending off a manuscript for a book he wrote. Wish him luck! He’s got a grand style of writing.

Gogeous Anna, what bright, lovely colours.
    If they want to sell online an eBay shop or an Amazon Z Shop are pretty cheap, effective ways to start as they get a lot of hits.
    I’ll pass that info along to them. They are expecting to have a very busy year. He has more stock than every and it looks so healthy.