Thinking About Flowers Past

pw-and-flower-garden-july1808-030

Welcome to last year’s garden. These are all pictures I took of the flowers from Summer 08.  Pink petunias and they are either wave or PW’s Supertunia Bubblegum. I don’t remember.

pw-and-flower-garden-july1808-006

Envy Zinnia

pw-september-08-126

Plumbago

pw-and-flower-garden-july1808-024

Agastache Color Spires

pw-september-08-015

Citrus Blend Lantana

oct-pw-update-015

Supertunia Vista Silverberry

pw-september-08-118

Rainbow Knockout

There was a hiccup in my blog yesterday. My blogroll and catagories flew the coup. As you visit my blog, I’ll add you back to the blogroll.

1. Sweet Bay says:

I must get some Plumbago in my garden. That blue is just heavenly. I love the pink Agastache too.
    It is hard to find a good blue and this plumbago did very well for me. It doesn’t have time to get huge so it works in this planter.

2. It snowed yesterday in Boston, so a flashback to last summer’s warmth and color is quite welcome. How did you like Envy? Does it avoid mildew?
    Hi Judy, it’s so good to see you drop by! I’ve missed you. I loved the Envy Zinnias. I grow several varieties and spread them out in hopes of avoiding the mildew. The Envy didn’t get it as badly as others—-but they did get mildew toward the end of the season. I found that watering in the morning helps the most. You already know that but maybe someone else who is reading this doesn’t.

I’m planting my seeds today. I think there are 200 seed packets. My back will be sore later.

3. Cinj says:

I can’t wait for the flowers to begin blooming again, it’s like a fast fading memory up here. I’m SO tired of winter. We’re supposed to get hit yet again. At least it’s only March yet. I hope I’m not in for a repeat of last year with the snow in April still.
    I remember your snow in April—errrrrrrr!

Good afternoon…Thank you for the color show Anna…they are really lovely and even tho we are getting a few spring lovelies…it isn’t spring completely. Hoping your day is delicious~~gail
    My days are mostly delicious!!! MrD says he needs a haircut or he’s going to need new pictures for his IDs. I like his hair longer…it’s still short by most people’s standards. But I love the way it looks from the back when he’s wearing a baseball cap—delicious!

Very nice to drop in and see some color here since color in my yard seems to be weeks away still!
    I just read that on your blog and i can hear the weariness in your voice. You are an outdoors girl if there ever was one and this is dreary isn’t it? I’m sending the sun north as fast as I can.

6. Beautiful pics!

The Zinnia Envy is a lovely colour.

I’ve just added Plumbago to the shopping list! Thanks

Rob
    You are welcome. I loved growing it. It doesn’t last very long in my garden but you can’t beat that blue. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog. I stayed for a long time reading all about the gardens and vacation villas. Spectacular.

7. Thank you for that awesome feast of colour, Anna! I love the plumbago, which I saw growing outdoors in Kansas City, and the lantana, which is one of my favourite container plants, and and and…
    Yes, I just came from your blog–going and and and….we inspire each other to get in trouble.

8. Thanks everyone! I’ve been out in the garden for two full days enjoying our 80 degree weather. I’m also baby sitting the grand dog. I adore that dog. I found the blogroll. Funny how you can look at something and not see it.

9. Jan says:

Anna, seeing your pictures makes me want summer here, and I definitely need to enjoy spring and the present time. The promise of summer that your photos show really makes me want to plan out what I want to add to my garden. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jan
    Always Growing
    I like looking back and hearing comments. It helps me remember what I liked and didn’t like about a plant. I can make decisions on keeping it.

Great photos. Can’t wait to see this years photos.
    Me too. I want to see these grow be a car stopper. I do hope it won’t look like a theme amusement park

11. Deb says:

Very pretty Anna. I can’t wait until everything is back in bloom again.

12. joey says:

Flashbacks are good, Anna, and your photos ~ lovely. At the lake with Nancy … all seems well as we welcome spring and new life. Hugs.

13. Racquel says:

A nice flashback to warmer days & lots of pretty blooms!

14. Joy says:

Hi Anna .. some times it is really hard for me to believe my garden will truly come to life again and look lush and lovely.
    I admire those flowers a great deal .. making notes here girl ! : )

15. Rebecca says:

Beautiful! I just finished my latest issue of BH&G and they have a special gardening section this month. Your pictures remind me of it. I love the envy zinnia. I love green flowers in a garden.

Those are so pretty! I’m going to try the ‘Envy’ zinnia this year. Do the knockout roses have any scent? I’ve been interested in trying them.

I adore that Plumbago, though all are lovely. I’m sure this year will be even better.