The Crystal Oak

100_6120

This mighty oak stood proudly yesterday cloaked in glistening attire. The finest diamonds were no match.

100_6197The strongest of the trees stands the oak with not a hint of the extra load it carried.

100_6205He’s getting on a bit in his years. He’s the grandfather of the neighboring oaks and his legacy is passed to many.

100_6208He would like to rid himself of those pesky few leaves from last year. Even with that little blemish, he feels his greatness speaks for itself.

100_6199

And under this big oak is an admirer, the Dogwood!

100_6410

1. RainGardener says:

Anna, thanks so much for stopping by – I’m glad you did since it led me here. Your Oak tree is beautiful – so grand! The snow storm pictures are great and I love your white flower garden. How beautiful it must be at night!

2. Sweet Bay says:

There’s nothing as beautiful as a beautiful oak tree, is there? The pictures are just spectacular Anna, with the snow outlining the branches against a crystal blue sky.

3. Philip says:

Anna!
    Your photographs made my heart soar!
    Really and truly spectacular.
    My family made me a calendar of my photographs. They selected some that seemed to fit each season.
    Ok… this would be so perfect in a calendar! Ok, now which one to pick? They are all so good. One I like very much is the close up of the bark, but, that would leave all the others out.
    I just had to look at these over and over again.
    Spectacular, Anna
    back to the calendar, I think your picture of the Mountain home would be good for one of the summer months.
    Anyway, it is fun to think about. these photos are inspiring!
    Philip that is so kind of you. I bet you love that calendar and don’t you think it’s personal? My calendar holds special moments like today is my son and dil’s anniversary. So I remembered to celebrate with a card to them. It holds our birthdays and other memorial occasion like giving the dog a heart worm pill. We don’t have a dog now but we did. I also put plant feeding times on there. I like my calendars to be pretty cause they are part of my kitchen personality. Pretty cool that you’d like to see the Mountain House on there.

I take a long time picking out my pictures for something like that. I imagine myself making a few calendars sometime this year for 2010. I did have a calendar of the month going on my sidebar. I took it down cause I think someone hacked in to my old computer through that file. I don’t know how but they did. I’m much more careful with my Mac.

Very nice photos of the oak. Picture card perfect.
    Thank you ton bunches!

What a pretty series of pictures. I love the shot where you can really see the bark.
    And when you enlarge it, you can see the shadows in the bark. Thank you

That is just MAGNIFICANT Anna. Standing proud and wearing its snow like a diamond encrusted cloak. Lovely pictures.
    Thank you. I was almost overwhelmed by its beauty. Things like that make me weak in the knees.

7. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, it is exquisitely beautiful. The blue sky and sun is setting off the ice perfectly. Love the dogwood too. It reminds me of that huge oak at Tanglewood. So majestic.
    Frances
    Let me know next time you plan on sleeping in my backyard at Tanglewood! Most summer afternoons you’ll me and MrD riding our bikes right by that big oak.

Duh! Actually it’s “Great Oaks From Little Acorns Grow”
    or Great little trees produce big acorns 🙂

We have a dogwood under an Oak and we love it.
    “From Great Oaks, Little Acorns Grow!” It’s on the daycare sign where I used to work, Great Oaks Day School.
    Well that can be true too if you think about it. It takes a great oak to produce a little acorn or many of them as is the case this year. I do see where you corrected this quote but I like this one too.

10. nancybond says:

A fantasy land, Anna — how beautiful! We had crystal maples, rose bushes, and most everything else yesterday, too. But I believe it must seem even more spectacular for you as we’re rather used to it here. Great shots.
    It rarely happens around here so I thought it was awesome! I saw your icy pictures. BRRRR…you’ve had a ton of snow. This will probably be the only one we have. It’s mostly gone today which I like too. It’s going to be 60 this weekend and that rocks.