I’m in the Garden…Glory, Glory

on

g11

I’m in the garden today spreading some wonderful aromas around the neighborhood. I certainly hope the neighbors will forgive me for my rich compost scent wafting in the breezes. I don’t think they’ll mind when they get a taste of my tomatoes.

Hope you all are having a grand week. I’ll be back soon to catch up on reading. Hugs to everyone.

The picture above is the wisteria that is growing on an arbor at Tanglewood Gardens in Clemmons, NC. Use my search feature and you can find more Tanglewood pictures.

1. nola says:

That wisteria is fantastic! I hope my tiny wisterias look like that one day. I love all the compost you’ve spread, lucky you, to be able to buy it by the truckload! I am jealous (but not the smell, hahaha), your plants will thank you.
    Nola—don’t kill me–the compost was free. Our town mulches their limbs and leaves. You can go any day between 3 and 3:30 and get a load. Not many people do it. The city facility is a stones throw from my house so easy cheesy. It is good stuff.

I hope your wisteria gets big too. They are so pretty.

2. I love wisteria. Not sure I could grow it here. It’s so ‘quaint’ and reminds me of Gone With the Wind. –Not even sure it was in that movie but I’m reminded of the south when I see it:)
    It’s so southern isn’t it? Jan I wonder what is going to happen to us this weekend. Me and your mom might get a load of snow. Snow would be better for the leaf mulch. It would soak in slowly. Leaf mulch can be hard to get soaked. I don’t mind one good snow cause it will be gone by Tuesday.

3. Dammit, wordpress keeps eating my comments! I love the wisteria (never a problem here, held a bit in check by the winters) and I’m sure with fragrances like that wafting from your place later in the year, your neighbours will forgive a bit of ‘richness’ in the air as you wake up your gardens now. If not, send them to me and I’ll straighten them right out.
    No one complained but my Spring garden preparation isn’t as bad as when the manure goes down in the Autumn. I bet you would straighten them out and I appreciate it. Those neighbors who get my vegetables will help you fend off the complainers too. I have really good neighbors though so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Mean old wordpress. I wonder why they ate your comment. That is annoying.

4. Mmmm, wisteria! That would compensate for any less-than-wonderful smells that you might have been sharing around as your garden wakes up, my friend. Meanwhile, I’m way behind in my blog reading, blog commenting, and everything else. Not enough hours in my days (and yet I’m up before six am this morning reading! What a good girl am I?)
    Yes, you are a good girl for reading. I’m sure you are dead on your feet. Do you still like working your fanny off? Will you have time for your garden? For me? 😉

That arbour and Wisteria is so good. You wouldn’t think blue on blue would work so well.
    Martha Stewart uses those colors together a lot. I’m sure you are a big Martha fan–right Phillip? Here comes the rain I gold you about. And tonight possibly lots of snow. We still don’t know the amount.

6. Robin says:

I actually got out yesterday and did some cleaning up in the flower beds. It was wonderful to be out! Enjoy!
    I did enjoy it. My elbows are sore. I see you got out too and your Possum Hollar just cracks me up.

7. Marnie says:

Isn’t that lovely. I’ve always admired wisteria altho it doesn’t grow here. I’ve spoken to gardeners who hate it, but I’d put up with a lot of troubles to have an arbor like that.
    Marnie

8. Maria Berg says:

I wish I had sign up at your place, I lave the water pot.
    She will be very happy.
    I signed up at Jan and waiting – I have send my gift to 3 people, I made neckless for them.

Under a tree (wasteria)like that I got engaged in
    Geneva in Switzerland 1999.

/Maria Berg, MB
    I bet the folks will love the necklaces. Us gardeners love homemade stuff. That is pretty awesome that you go married under a wisteria vine. I bet it was beautiful. I don’t think I know another single person who can say they got engaged in Switzerland.

I’ve been out too and now I am needing more ibuprofin and a lie down! isn’t it marvelous! gail
    Pass the pain pills. My elbows are killing me today.

Beautiful photo! I too have been in the gardens all morning, beautiful outside. Not spreading the aroma as you are just seeds!
    I have a friend who gets lazy and doesn’t get anything done in the garden. Then she fusses at me cause my flowers look so good. And just the other day, my dental hygienist ask why I put down leaf mulch every year. She thought that once you get the bed prepared you must be done. I said NO!, it’s an ongoing process.