OH Veep!, this is going in the mail tomorrow.

on

watering-can

Veep over at Veg Plotting signed up for my pay it forward post a few weeks ago. My Post  was part of a meme that I signed up for at Jan’s Blog, Thanks for 2 Day. It was a simple request and one that I really loved doing. For the first couple of people who sign up at your blog, you send them a hand make gift with no strings attached. They don’t send you a thing in return. At first, I thought I wasn’t going to be able to make my trademark watering can for Veep. She was the only one who signed up but she lives in the United Kingdom and I live in the good old South. I wasn’t sure how I was going to get it to her.

I normally make the large watering cans and that was going to cost $70 to get it to Veep. But then I had an idea. If I could find a watering can just a bit smaller—it would be doable. Well….as you can see….I found a nice little pea yellow can. Veep said she liked bold colors. She told me that pastels are for wimps.  It was plain when I started with it. I don’t say how I get the design on there. Sorry but a girl has to keep some things a secret.

There is a packet of seeds on there of my favorite Envy Zinnias. I hope that passes customs. I made a little plant ID poke so she will not forget what they are.

Sometimes I use these watering cans all decorated like this in some of my arrangements. I color coordinate the flowers and greenery with the colors in the can.

Veep, I hope you like it. I loved making it. It will go out in the mail tomorrow. It’s going snail mail so I’ll let you know the ETA. Hugs to ya.

1. Cinj says:

Oh, what a wonderful gift. I guess I’ve been a bit out of the loop lately. Trying to spread myself a bit too thin lately. (What a surprise, huh?)
    You didn’t really miss anything. With gardening blogs you pick up about anywhere and it’s predictable. I never get tired of reading about it.

2. Thank you everyone! I’m a bit busy in the garden right now but I’ll be back soon. I need to get the mulch down.

3. Nola @ the Alamo says:

How cute is that? She will love it!
    She’ll get it the middle of next week. I hope she screams and shouts.

Anna, That is a fantastic watering can gift idea. How wonderful that VP was thinking about trying zinnias! I love it…gail
    I’ve been doing them for years and folks do seem to like them. I was thrilled to see VP wanted some Zinnias. They were so easy to grow.

5. Marnie says:

Anna, that’s a beautiful arrangement. Anyone would be thrilled to receive it. The idea of pay if forward is a good one. It keeps kindness and generosity fresh in our minds.
    Marnie
    We do need lots of kindness and gardeners are way ahead of everyone else don’t you think?

I already sent my PIF gifts, had I of known you were playing I would have signed up for sure, that is an adorable gift!
    I might do a giveaway of one in the near future–stay tuned.

1. Anna, she is going to love it. I told Darla to sign up for yours right after I told her I already had 3! Guess she missed out:) I’m gettin’ the coolest idea for the gift I’m going to send out: (remember, I have 6 mo. to get it ready)…I’ve been ‘thinkin’ on it…I thought it had to be entirely hand-made, but thanks for clearing that up for me:)
      Oh goodness, I don’t think I make anything totally handmade. I did put the design on the can and doody up the flowers and bows. You can take all the time you need to send me mine. I’ve had people waiting a year before to get my stuff. Watering cans aren’t easy to find.

7. VP says:

Anna I absolutely adore it! I’m quite overcome. Guess what? I haven’t grown Zinnias before and had resolved to try them this year. You must have known what was on my mind 🙂
    I’m so glad you love it. I’ll get it off this afternoon. I’ve got a dentist appointment this am. The Envy Zinnias are the easiest to grow. If I couldn’t find the watering can, you were going to get a cat grass container! I guess your kittloos have to miss out this time.

She will love it Anna.
    Thank you!

9. Neighbor Nancy says:

My, I wish I could do that! Just lovely.
    Nancy?, are you the lovely lady I met today in Michaels craft store?

10. nancybond says:

Isn’t that just sweet?! Very nice, Anna, and good for you VeeP! Enjoy. (Anna, your header is absolutely perfect! It almost looks like a pastel drawing. Beautiful!)
    Thank you about the header. You know I love those million bells.

11. cherry says:

It’s lovely Anna I’m sure Veep is going to love it
    hugs, Cherry
    Thank you Cherry and we’ll find out when she gets it next week. I hope she gets goosebumps and goes ape.