Shedding With MrD Feb.1st Update

100_5912

A little more progress. MrD works at his regular job about 60 or more hours a week. If our progress seems slow, you can see why. We’re getting there. Last week my aunt and uncle gave me 3 wonderful pieces of furniture. You’ll hear me talk about them in the video. I hope you are enjoying seeing us build the shed as I’m having a blast sharing with you. Thanks for following along.

100_5915

I found a wonderful shed site that is called, I love Sheds. They have a blog too.

Share your shed for 2009 Shed of the year

I found this site at Debra Prinzing’s blog

1. linda says:

Good morning Anna, I’ve been catching up on all your shed news. How exciting! I can see you’ve put a lot of thought, passion, and inspiration into this project, and am looking forward to seeing your project progress and come to completion.

We don’t have a shed here, but my favorite shed ever was built by the previous owner of a previous house. It was built on a concrete slab, and it was huge, even had a 2nd floor loft. I always imagined the cool things I could have done with that shed. My kids grew up in that house, and the shed was even more popular with them and their friends than our backyard swimming pool. It was part playhouse, part hideout, and 100% fun!

Looks like you’ve got lots of strong backs and arms helping you make your shed dreams come true!

2. Marnie says:

Looks like things are coming along really well. Will you have enough light to start seeds inside the shed? I would like that. Starting seeds in the house is a problem for me.
    Marnie

Thanks for the boost to my ego Anna. I have made one shed in my life which my Father had to rescue from total collapse. I inherited my Mother’s brains and none of my Father’s practical abilities. That is why I worked as a Manager to get others to realise my visions. There is lots of landscaping going on round here today – children making Snowmen (lol) and throwing snowballs. My old bones don’t like the winter anymore. I think I need to post some pictures of Hawaii.

4. Phillip says:

It looks like it is coming along nicely. Is this going to be a tool shed or a place to relax?

5. You make sure to feed that man steak every day! What an angel. Your shed is going to be huge. You guys are a cute couple.
    Shirley

6. Hi everyone. It’s me—the shed builder. I have requested that Allan Block come by here today and take a look at my project. http://www.allanblock.com/

I picked that company because they are environmentally in tune. Take a look at their online magazine as it has some of the prettiest ideas for using their product in your landscaping. Everyone who remembers my old home and gardens knows that I love stone in the garden. http://www.allanblock.com/Flash/LandscapeLifestyles/LandscapeLifestylesPageTurner.htm

Isn’t it a cool magazine. I hope the company will sign up to be my sponsor. I don’t feel badly about promoting them as they sell through independent dealers. Your community profits when you buy from them.

Take a look at how they are going green and helping the environment. http://www.allanblock.com/Green/ABGreen.aspx?ta=3&product=rt

So go see their site and you’ll see why I want to use their landscape blocks and pavers. They haven’t gotten back with me yet—but I’m hoping.

I wanted a John Deere but they turned me down—boo hiss.

This is going to be amazing. Put a porch on the front and you can sit there as well, and watch your lovely garden grow around you.
    I sure can. Have you ever designed something like this? I bet you have. I bet there are some fascinating things about you tucked away behind your humble personality. I want to know but you keep it under your hat. Anyone who is working with you currently on garden designs is lucky. It makes my heart sing when you see what I see in my little shed. It’s a little shed with a big attitude.

8. deb says:

that shed is going to be wonderful. I have plans for a small shed in the corner of the yard by the passion vine.
    You will have it I’m sure. I planned mine for ages–well, probably since I was a little girl. Our sheds are just big old playhouses aren’t they. I don’t mind one bit admitting it.

9. nancybond says:

Yes, me too — I can’t wait to see the finished product. I’m sure it will be something quite wonderful, Anna. 🙂
    It is tons of fun and a pleasure to share with all my blogging buds who follow me now and from when I first started blogging. You are one of my first visitors here and I won’t forget that. I think the world of you.

10. Robin says:

You guys are just building suspense and anticipation. Can’t wait to see it finished!
    I plan on talking about it a couple of times a week from here on out. So much to do and now it’s almost planting time again. I am more anxious than anyone.

I haven’t spent near enough time in my mosaic shed…it’s not heated and the weather has been too darned cold! Yours looks like a nice size, plenty of room to have fun and decorate~`Gail
    I’m not starting out with heat as that is not in the budget for this year. I wish! I’ll run an extension cord down there for now. A shed helps to ground me and I bet it does you too. It has been wet here which is nice but has slowed our progress even further.

12. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, you shed is going to be so great. I love that it will have lots of natural light too. You will have fun decorating it just so. Mine is tiny but still thrills every time I open the door.
    Frances
    Every shed is a good shed. I have so many plans for it. I’m probably so excited because the inside of my home is done. I may buy a couch every now and then as they wear out—but I never plan on changing a thing inside. Now my shed is a different story and a different style than my house. It’s more cottage and my home is craftsman. I look forward to making the shed full of nostalgia.