Agastache Color Spires In My Garden

Come down here where the bees be.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Color Spires Agastache  is another bee, butterfly, and hummingbird treat. These are very long blooming perennials.

Cherry Million Bells love to dance along with the Color Spires.

It is also known as Hyssop. There are quite a  few varieties of Proven Winners Agastaches. I think mine are Pink or Orchid. I’ve had both and plan on getting many more. They aren’t picky about soil conditions. It must grow in full sun to have an abundance of flowers.

The pictures above are from my garden and the ones below are from the Proven Winners site.

combo_pvg_combopdancinthewind

orange-agastache

Acapulco™ Orange
Agastache mexicana
Mexican Giant Hyssop    Hardy to -20   No deadheading

salmon-and-pink

Acapulco™ Salmon & Pink
Agastache mexicana
Mexican Giant Hyssop

Below is the information on Salmon & Pink  but care of all Agastaches are basically the same. Growing heights are not all the same. Please visit the provenwinners.com site to get more details and pictures.

Plant DetailsGrowing Tips
Deadheading should not be necessary, you can trim back old flower stems if you feel they are unsightly.

Exposure
Plant in sun or partial shade

Height
14-20″

Spacing
6-8″

Hardy Temp
-20°F (-29°C)

Uses
Use in mixed patio containers, window boxes, and landscapes

Features
Excellent heat tolerance; blooms all season; lemon-scented leaves

1. Marston Gould says:

Another great source is High Country Gardens. I have several varieties growing in my yard – still blooming. I like HCG because their products typically have much deeper root systems when shipped.

2. Wayne Stratz says:

I have agastache at home and work and yes bees love it. great photos.
    Thank you and it’s me and bees in my garden all summer. Hummingbirds and butterflies too of course.

3. Lythrum says:

Thanks for stopping by 🙂 I have really been wanting to grow some agastache, I am trying to attract more visitors. And I love the cat with the hen and chicks!
    That is a very good cat. No hair balls, no shedding, no maintenance. Agastache would not grow in there though. I love the smell of the agastache leaves.

4. MbS says:

Hi Anna,
    I am NUTS about bees of all types. I am coaxing miner bees in my yard and I hope they overwintered.

Glad you enjoyed the color swatch site. I will make a note about your technical insight.
    I’m glad you stopped by. That is truly a unique color tool. How fun that you put in the flower and it gives you the colors in the flower. I hope your bees are sleeping soundly in your garden.

5. joey says:

Pretty ‘Proven Winners’ as you are, dear Anna!
    Awwww, big hugs!

6. Dave says:

Beautiful plants! Bee magnets!
    And bees don’t bother me at all. They do their thing and I do mine. We can work side by side. Mono y mono.

Really lovely Anna…I love your photos with the bees! I’m going to have to try this plant again…gail
    I know I’ll be buying till they run out. I’m nuts about it.

8. One of my favorite plants. Deer proof. Rabbit proof.

Cameron
    Fool proof:)

9. Racquel says:

Ooh those are wonderful Anna. I really have been seriously considering Salmon & Pink since I saw it in another garden blogger’s garden. Thanks for the great info. 🙂
    Add it to that long list of yours! I know it will grow grandly in your garden just like everything else. This is one plant I can recommend to people and be fairly certain it will thrive just about anywhere but the shade.

Wonderful colours, and that pot works so well.
    I have several pots of Hens and their little chicks around here. They keep multiplying. One fell off the mother plant last year and I had to rescue it like I didn’t have a million other chicks to take care of too!