Do You Hear What I Hear?

Merry Christmas from Flowergardengirl. What do you think? Do I sound like you expected me to? I thought I’d just get it all out in the open and sing too. While you are watching it make note of how many times I say cool, over pronounce my P’s, and stick aournd till the end cause I torment Mr.D. Ok…here it is: You will probably have to copy and paste it in to your browser.

1. Kathi says:

Anna, what a wonderful surprise and delight to hear you sing and see your beautiful Christmas decorations. Everything is so beautiful. I hope Mr. D is getting better as he sounds like he’s from a monster movie LOL! Your voice is precious!

Christmas Hugs,
    Kathi 🙂
    Thank you so much! Mr D is a different person today..yea! He’s out working on my Copper Top Cottage. I told him to come in cause the sun is going down and it’s getting chilly. For the last three days, I had my AC going. Now I have the heat on. No wonder folks are sick.

2. Aerie-el says:

Anna,
    Excellent! Loved the video–nope, didn’t have a moment of quesiness.
    In answer to your question, you had less of an accent than I would have imagined. Also, there is so much joy and playfulness in it-it was like hearing smiles in your voice.
    You’re a natural behind the camera too-really fun to see all your decorations and your surprise filming of Mr D. Poor guy, hope he feels better and you stay well!
    ~Aerie-el
    My goodness and thank you. Did you sign up for the fan club before you left? I’m forming one;) I really don’t know what my accent amounts to. I have lived mostly here in NC but MrD did drag me all over the country while he was in the AF. Maybe I have a combination of stuff. I can’t get over how I say garland. It sounds like somebody I know but I don’t remember who it is? It’s not me.

3. Cinj says:

You don’t sound as southern as I imagined. I like the decor. Sorry I only watched about 1/2 of the video because my computer takes so long to download the breaks and stuff, it’s SO annoying. I should have got my outdoor decor up before it snowed, I didn’t so I’m not sure I’ll be able to get much more up.

Does the deer with the mooving head scare the other deer? LOL.

I love singing too, but my family cringes if I sing in public unless I’m in church and we’re all singing so my voice is drowned out. Funny, because I used to be in the church choir. Maybe they just like to tease me. I don’t think I’d ever try to be a solo artist although I have often thought it might be fun to sing for Simon Cowell just to see what kind of comments he has for me!
    Just come on along and sing with me cause it doesn’t matter. You are blogging with gardeners and we think singing to the plants is just the ticket for them. Maybe I picked up some of all the different accents from all over when we were in the Air Force. I say garland funny. Even I think so. About those deer, Well…one year we went out and they were mating. I would have been mad had it not been so funny. Someone..probably a bored teenager….decided to create a mating couple.

4. Wanita says:

Anna, I’ll certainly pray for Mr. D and for you that you stay healthy.

It’s been kind of crazy here since Thanksgiving, and I haven’t had as much time to visit or blog as much as I’d like. I’m hoping to find a little more time now that my decorating is done.

Take good care of Mr. D and yourself – lots of Vitamin C and tea with honey and lemon are always good.

Blessings,
    Wanita
    You are so right about the lemon and honey. It can cut right through that mess. I may go get him some Zicam. I have found that works really well for me. I should have it already with this flu season heading at us. There is a Zicam cold that works wonders. I made him brownies last night for a treat cause it’s his favorite. He needs the calories and something warm on his throat. He wasn’t interested. I think I can convince him to eat some mashed potatoes tonight. I fixed him rice last night. He’s pretty easy to take care of as he would just as soon lay still and hope with all his heart that it goes away. I hope so too. Thanks for the prayers.

5. Anna ~ This was so enjoyable! Great tour, as well as decorating tips. I do hope that Mr.D recovers quickly. ~ Deb
    I’m in the family room and he’s in the morning room right now. The kitchen is between us but I can still hear the rattle in his lungs. He got antibiiotics today. and I’m hoping that will kick in soon. He’d feel better if he could quit coughing. That keeps him from resting well.

I need to get busy making my Christmas napkins. My theme was blue, green, and burgandy. I have the fabric but just need to turn the hem on them all. There is always tomorrow.

6. Wanita says:

Hi Anna,

I enjoyed your “tour of lights.” I hope Mr. D. is feeling better soon.

Blessings,
    Wanita
    I haven’t seen you in so long. I’m glad you stopped by. Mr.D is really sick. I mean sick. He needs prayer. I’m staying up while he is sleeping on the couch finally. He never get’s sick but this year’s cold virus has a lot of people down. I hope I don’t get it. My neighbor has it too and I’m worried about her as well.

7. ROFL…ohhh I just love that sweet southern talkin’. That is why us northerners just like to listen to you talk…don’t care what you say really but just like that accent!

Lovely, lovely decorations. Now go make some chicken soup for Mr D!

Happy Holidays, Kim
    I’m making a few videos now that I know what I’m doing. It’s from my camera and youtube destroys the quality. If I end up doing this a lot, I’ll purchase the quick time by apple but I’m secretly hoping for a Mac for Christmas. Many people say they like to hear a southern accent. Then there are others who think we are thick headed a bit off in the head. I tell them that our IQ has nothing to do with how slow we talk. I’m glad you are one that likes it. Thank you.

8. VW says:

Thanks for the comment on my blog – I should have thought to include Bradford pears and Magnolias, as I’ve learned about the branch-breaking problem and seen the mess magnolia leaves, flowers and fruit make (but the shiny leaves are SO pretty and lovely when brought inside!). Also the stickery-balls from sweetgum trees are a pain to step on, typical purple-leaved plum trees have grotesque branching form, and many owners of grafted weeping cherries don’t know to cut out the branches that revert to upright. Next spring I’ll have to grab a picture of a cherry in my neighborhood that’s full grown into a half-weeping and half-upright tree. Bizarre. No doubt I could go on . . .
    Your blog is very informative and I enjoyed visiting. People are going to love you and the way you talk. Welcome.
    Regards – VW

9. Meems says:

Anna, So much to say here. I feel like I’ve had a warm, southern hospitality visit to your beautiful home. I chuckled so many times through this video journey. Your voice sounds just like I imagined – your talking voice that is. I so enjoyed your singing, too. Your decorations are splendid. I’m always hankering for your front porch – or at least one like it. 🙂 Your hubby was a good sport- he obviously knows you well. My hubby would not have liked that turn of the camera one bit. Great lights, great giggles, great fun with the video… best of all such a lively Christmas spirit you exude!
    Meems @Hoe&Shovel
    Mr D wasn’t too fond of it either but he’ll go tell 10 people what I did and never let on that he secretly enoyed it. He is a closet extrovert. He’s witty but feels more comfortable if I’m the only one in the room. Poor thing, he has to get up in front of lots of people and talk. He comes home drained. I get up in front of that many people and I’m energized. Thank you for your kind words. Mr D says I sound hushed when I talk. Like I’m wispering and talking at the same time. I guess it does a bit. I don’t know if that is good or bad? It just is.

10. Cindy says:

Your decorations are beautiful. I really liked the lights in the candle holders. Your singing was great and I always like hearing other blogger’s voices. It makes their blog more personable to me. Although, I hate hearing my voice recorded. It never sounds like me 🙂 I also like your snow on the site 🙂
    My kids hate me to sing. They’ll get over it when they get 50 and happy. I don’t much care these days who is listening cause I’m pretty secure in the fact that it isn’t going to be my bread and butter for life. I don’t have to fret being out of tune. Mr. D has a pretty good voice if you like a really deep baritone. Today he sounds like a frog.

11. Racquel says:

Your outside lights and decorations look pretty Anna. Thanks for the festive spirit and the singing! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! I like the snow on your blog too. 🙂
    Love the snow too! I’m always singing but my range is horrible. My voice has no volume and so I’m stuck in the middle of the musical ladder. I wanted to sing to you…I wish you a Merry Christmas but it sounded like silverware dropping. Not a very festive spirit.

12. You have the Chistmas spirit! I enjoyed your video…and the singing… and the Christmas decorations…

Cameron
    I’m corny. I enjoy a good laugh even if it is at my expense. You’ll probably see more of these videos now that I know how to do it.

13. Zoe says:

Lovely! I hope Mr. D feels better soon, and that you all have a wonderful Christmas

Zoë

14. You are such a gifted decorator! I should have you come to my house and fix it up.
    Do I get to take home a paddle? or anything else home-made for that matter. I bet you are good at decorating. You might not always like it as I do but I’m pretty sure you are good with what you buy and make. I’ve seen it.

15. fairegarden says:

Hi Anna, poor mister D., my husband would not have liked that at all! I did get a little sick, but was careful not to soil your video! HA Your house looks lovely and cheering, great job with the decorating.
    Frances
    He is as serious as I am silly. We survive by putting up with each other. I’ve never seen him get mad about anything but he’s seen me riled up a time or two. We are good for each other.

16. mothernaturesgarden says:

You did a superb job of decorating. I like the idea of lights in the candle holders.
    Donna
    They look like candles flickering in the night. I enjoy looking at them from inside as much as outside.

17. Phillip says:

Beautiful lights (and singing) – Happy Christmas friom the UK.Thank you!