Just a little taste of what I’m cooking up for you.

on

Wilmington 1 006

There are many sea captain homes here in Wilmington, NC. Just today, I took over 250 pictures and I have lots more time. These homes are so beautiful. I'll give you more history behind the victorian homes and this town when I stop having so much fun—-see ya soon. I'll post a little ever night but won't be able to do the whole story till I get back home.

Wilmington 1 044

Ok, that's just a hint of what is to come.

1. Cinj says:

Holy cow, only two million? What a bargain. NOT! Our price range was just a bit lower than that. Like 1,850,000 less. There were some great looking homes that were fixer uppers around here for around 100,000, but Cheesehead didn’t want to deal with rennovations. (So we’re finishing a basement instead??? Does that make sense?)

** Oh yes, it makes perfect sense. These homes need someone who can give constant care. They are built better as far as quality of wood but the exteriors, windows, plumbing, electrical, and so on—had to be replaced. Some had termite damage which was very costly. I can truly say that this town is a labor of love. You would not do it unless you love it.

2. Robin says:

I have always loved white houses with wrap-around porches.

*** I do know that about you! I’m still waiting on you to stop by and try out my swing. We stopped off at the home of a couple who have lived in Wilmington always. They were Southern roots to the core. We got served refreshments on a tray and supped our tea as we heard story after story of life in the coastal South. I’m going to tell about that visit in my last post on Wilmington.

It is so good to see you stop by. Congrats on your husband’s new job!

3. Oh Anna, you’re a woman after my own heart! I could look at your pictures all day long! I love old houses and history, I can’t wait for you to share more but enjoy your beautiful time away, we’ll be here waiting for you to share when you get home :).

I bought about 40 pounds of plums at the farmers market this past weekend so I’m working on that….mmmmm

Have a wonderful evening!
    Kathi 🙂

*** I’m glad to have you along for my trip! I would like a plum though! I’ll eat the bruised ones;)

I do love to document these old homes and especially the gardens. I’m debating returning for the backyard garden tour. You only get a hint of what they look like from the street most days. The backyard garden tour takes you beyond those iron gates. You know I want to see more. I wish I could have backed up and showcased more of what the home looked like. But it’s so lush and the tree canopy will not allow more than a glimpse through the branches.

See ya soon!

4. Golly, only $2 million! They are beautiful, though. I think I’d probably prefer to actually live in your cottage, but it’s fun to sightsee. Thanks for taking us along.

** Thank you Judy–I have a ton more pictures and surprises in store for ya!! I took an unexpected trip today that will wow the socks off ya. It’s going to be the last post of my series. I met the most amazing person–besides my husband!–tonight and sat right in his living room chatting with he and his wife. Two of the most intelligent people I’ve ever met. Just you wait!

I’m still in Wilmington but I’m anxious to return home. I love my home too. These old homes are beautiful to look at but I think maintenance would drive me nuts. I don’t want all those flights of stairs any more either.

5. gail says:

Hey, I am feeling better and wanted to say hello before I fall over! Another beautiful city in NC!

Gail

*** Good! The moonshine worked then;) I’m trying to look at my pics and see which ones I want to post today. There are too many good ones.

6. Cinj says:

It sounds like you’re having a wonderful trip, I love the character of these neat old homes. Victorians are among my favorite home styles although you can’t tell that from the ranch that we live in now!

*** I looked them up and if you want to buy one—just fork out $2 million and that’s a fixer-upper. They are so full of charater. I feel like I’m in another world down here. It’s so different than my part of NC. I love looking out over the water. It’s raining right now and I’m watching it. Seems like the raindrops are bigger. I’m on the 6th floor looking out over the Cape Fear.

7. You are a girl after my own heart. Have fun.
    *** I’m downloading today’s pictures right now I took 350! Almost all of them old houses. I also took a tour by the ladies historical society. So it was a good long day. But it’s hot and then some.

8. PGL says:

The anticipation is building.
    *** 😉

9. philip says:

I just love this! I cannot wait for more!
    *** Well, I’m heading out in a bout 15 min to snap away. Lots of surprises