1. Philip says:

ooh. I have missed a lot of great posts of yours. it has been great reading them!
    Best Regards,
    Philip

**** I missed you too. I saw you run by. Maybe next time you’ll stop to swing on the porch.

2. Beautiful swallowtails Anna :). I bet you have a lot of different varieties of butterflies, I’d love to see what different kinds you have! 🙂

** This seems to be a good year for butterflies. There is probably an explanation but not sure what it is. I need to ask some old timers. They know everything.

3. cindee11461 says:

What great pictures. I thought I saw a spiderweb in the first picture(-: Thanks for sharing!

** Good eye Cindee, that spiderweb is in the children’s garden with all the butterfly bushes.

Excellent Anna! You pulled me in!

** Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the path and surprise at the end. It was a surprise to me too.

5. joey says:

I loved this post, Anna. A garden should be filled with surprises. Beautiful photos … keep that camera near. You have a great eye!

** Thank you. It was so quiet that day in these gardens. I was snapping away and the critters didn’t even notice.

6. I liked that Anna!
    Shirley

*** Thank you very much!

7. Cynthia says:

It never ceases to amaze me just how much the butterflies love the buddleia! I have noticed some of the trees around where I live are beginning to show their fall colors. It seems too soon to me!

*** I wonder if that means it will be a bad winter. Every year I say that and then it turns off warm. I need to quit guessing.

8. PGL says:

Wonderful butterfly photos Anna. They really love Butterfly Bush.
    ** I hope to have more butterfly bushes next year. I’m going to get that little Lo and Behold Blue Chip cause it stays so small.

9. Cinj says:

Love those butterflies. I hope more butterflies discover my hidden haven next year, we didn’t have many around here this year. I’m going to get some butterfly houses built soon too. I’ve got a lot planned for this year yet.

*** You are the busiest person I know. I think butterfly houes are so delicate and soft in a garden. There is something very inviting about them.