My Grand Dog is Wonderful
Cindy, the horthead, @ From My Corner of Katy has asked me to tell six random things about myself. I don’t know 6 random things but I do know 6 incredibly awesome things. If you can handle it–read on!! But first, the rules—-
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Alrighty let the magnificent high fives begin—-
1. I’m a 10th or 11th generation North Carolinian depending on whether you follow my mom’s side or my dads;)
2. I joined the Air Force when I was 16. Yes, if your parents wanted to get rid of you then they legally could in the old days. I met an Air Force guy who made it his career and then he dragged me all over the USA. We moved over 26times. I’m counting off base to on base–and upgrades in housing with promotions. It was an amazing life and I loved it.
I got out of the AF after getting pregnant with my first. My belly got in the way and I could no longer bend over to tie my combat boots. While in the AF and before I got pregnant–well almost—-I played softball professionally for the base team. Yes, unbelievable…but they paid me to play. I was the pitcher and pitched something like 42 games straight and no one hit off me. I think that’s called a no hitter but I’ve forgotten most of the details cause I was puking my brains out pregnant with my first child. My DH was not happy with me cause he was afraid the ball was going to hit me in the stomach. He was right and I was young and stupid. That child is an engineer and hasn’t suffered any brain abnormalities that are obvious.
3. I can–garden, quilt, reupholster, cook, tell stories, play checkers, shop, read, wander, wonder, smell, taste, and see. I’m a walking genius.
4. I recently cut off a foot of my hair and now I have to hobble.
5. I bought 3 dresses and 10 shades of lipstick for my son’s wedding last year. The most indecisive moment in my life. I have doubts I got it right even at that.
6. I go to bed at 3 or 4am and get up between 9 or 10 if I’m lucky. Some nights I don’t sleep at all. When that happens, I watch episodes of Deadliest Catch.
I’m going to tag people I’ve been blogging with, or maybe fondly know, or who I just want to make a guest appearance—- from the beginning and have been with me through all my blog changes and would give me the clothes off their backs and feed me if I was hungry. I don’t know if they have been picked—probably so– they can just cut and paste.
1. Shirley Bovshow from Edenmakers’ Blog cause I wouldn’t be the success I am today without her. She recognized my awesome abilities and said–go blog. Those two words changed my life and kept me sane. She is the host of Garden Police. She’s also smart and has her own landscaping business. She has a thing for Pepper Trees that landed her a husband. He likes spicy stuff. She didn’t let him down. She just got back from Maui and will post pics soon–so go see her blog!! Right now!!
2. Cinj @ Cinj’s Chat Room in Wisconsin with her cheese head husband—cause she likes baby bluebirds and talks to them when she is locked out of her house in her jammies. She drives through the blinding rain to help her MIL–( hope it’s not the mom) go to a funeral in the next state despite the fact that the bluebirds will be left alone and she is dog sitting. She multitasks. She is able to leap small buildings in a single bound but she can’t cut wood straight. If you want to see the shed she is building then you better hurry before she knocks it down. Go right now and look at her blog!!
3. CiNdEe hails from CiNdEeS’ GaRdEn and is the master of theme gardens. She quietly goes about her life in Northern California and all the while creating the most amazing stuff. She has several gardens you just have to go see–I don’t want to ruin it for you. Scroll her sidebar and see what awaits you. You’d have to look through past post but thank her for being a Daughter Of The American Revolution who has a husband who is The Son’s Of The American Revolution. Which means their offspring are Children Of The American Revolution. God Bless America! She and I are very patriotic. I would like to think that her grandpappy way back when fought with my grandpappy way back when in that war. OH–and her son is also an Eagle Scout. She’s so quiet you would never know—I love people like that!! Many of our presidents were Eagle Scouts. If you haven’t been to her blog—go!
4. I am going to tag someone who doesn’t have a blog but should–
Joy–is from Ohio and comes to NC on vacation cause she has good sense. I’ll have to go email her that she has been honored with such a prestigious award. She is way to clever and will come up with something totally awesome. I’ll let her post it here on my blog cause she’s a chosen one. She rescued a chair and rubbed it hard with steel wool bringing it back to its original luster. She has a home shes restoring and has fabulous tales to share about it. Her bike takes her all over town and hill and dale.
5. I am going to tag my husband–Hey Honey….he’s Mr. Delicious to all those interested. He is fortunate enough to live with me! He’s extremely smart and that’s why I married him—it had nothing to do with his square jawline, car, shoulders, or dry humor. It was all about what his kids would look like. So honey—what don’t I know about you?? Cough it up!! You are paying for this site so feel free to write whatever you would like that I don’t know about you or me.
6. I’d like to tag Catherine Hepburn and find out what she really thinks of Spencer Tracy— but she can’t make it—-
Martha Stewart—she admitted her guilt and went to jail. She didn’t deserve that! Martha this post is dedicated to you and all you’ve inspired me to accomplish over the years. I appreciate you. You got guts and glory.