Those Fascinating Moments In the Garden

The following are close ups I took in my garden today. I think a sunflower is just as beautiful from the rear as it is from the front. There was so much activity that it was hard to stop taking photos. Please enjoy—-this is…A fascinating trip through my garden. I tried to stay focused on the whole garden but these sunflowers kept drawing me back. We’re expecting strong storms this afternoon and I hope they are all still standing when it’s said and done. Makes me so happy to be in the garden today.

Wonderful photographs…I love to watch the bees. The bee in the petunia (?) is my favorite right this minute!
    ** Thank you and Yes Gail..you posted about that and I loved the write up you did. So which one is it??? Is it the one from your site that you talked about? Come on–you are the pro now!! Is it a bee or hummingbird, or moth?? I got to go reread your post cause I’ve already forgotten what yours looked like. OH–that’s a wave petunia–one of the new ones that bushes. Can you belive I bought a wave when I grow Proven Winners—don’t tell them.

2. I can’t decide who likes the sunflowers more, the bees or you? They are magnificent things & all the more amazing when you think of how they started the season from such a little sprout. They’re beautiful even in bud.
    *** I was counting bees today and the bees won! I think they like them more. I come in a close second. I counted 10 bees on one head.

3. Eve says:

Aren’t they beautiuful? I love Sunflowers so much. They follow the Sun with thier faces. You sure are blessed with bees. I don’t see too many here now and that worries me a little.
    *** I have so many bees that some of the flowers have sold out–lol. Most plants are full of bees when I go check on them.

4. Anna- I’m back! Love your photos- another talent of yours is photography! How does it feel to be so talented?
    shirley
    *** I appreciate that so much. I went up to our mountains today and took over 300 photos. I can’t wait to share. I’m glad you are back safely. Isn’t it good to be home. I can go away for a short time–but I want to be home. It just feels good. My car is 4 years old and only has 16,000 miles on it. I don’t leave home often unless it’s to the garden center.

5. Cinj says:

I just LOVE that first picture! Well, they’re all good. Something just draws me to that first one though. I don’t have nearly as many bees though. I see the sunflowers decided to ditch the shades, huh?

BTW- Did you just get a haircut? Super cute. One of these days I’ll get around to doing something with my mop I pretend to call hair.*** I did just get a bunch cut off and I like it. I was really scared to do it though. I was being chicken.

6. cindee says:

Wowwww beautiful pictures!!! The bees look like they are enjoying themselves too(-: So pretty!!!!!
    ** Thank you and tonight when I checked the garden—they were still feasting and gathering. I’m wondering if they stay up all night like me.

7. Jan says:

Your photos really prove the expression “Busy as a bee.” Great photos, by the way.

Jan
    Always Growing
    **Thank you Jan and I didn’t think of Busy as a bee- love it and so true.

8. Nancy says:

Lovely! I was just about to post some pictures of some wild sunflowers growing in a lot not far from my house. They are beautiful.
    *** I went up to the mountains today and saw a lot of wildflowers. I expect you’ll be seeing some of those pics soon on my blog. It is so fun to share with others who know the beauty and appreciate it.

9. Love the sunflowers. They are gorgeous period!
    ** Thank you–some things just don’t need words do they?